Easy Muscle: Day 1

biboplex

First day following Geoff Neupert’s Easy Muscle program. Went from using a single 16kg to dual 20kg & following schedule B (bodyweight/kettlebells). Got in a total of 26 C&P and 20 FS reps and the FS were definitely a challenge.

@emmanuelm118 You know, I think if you’ve done some of Geoff’s free programs, had success w them and wanted to throw him some support for that, I would get it. Otherwise, it’s 3 programs. The first is a C&P program similar to the Giant. Then an a/b routine based off of your C&P and FS + chin ups and dips on the other day. That’s what OP is running. If your at all familiar w how he programs, you could easily put it together yourself. The third program is IIRC swings and C&P and this might be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t really like programming swings. They’re my appetizer and or dessert and I have them when I like and I do that based on how I feel.

I did a sort of write up on my experience
The tldr is that I enjoyed the C&P program, but didn’t have great results because I was undergoing a stressful period in my life that I am unfortunately not out of, but hey that’s life. I ultimately also prefer a more full body workout than just C&P’s so I think I’m unlikely to run another program that doesn’t include some squats, although he does recommend how to add assistance moves to the program like squats, which I did and I think that was the most useful info I got out of the whole thing.

@eberzas Thank you for your reply. I read your other post. Managing stress and sleep is the side of fitness influncers don't talk about, but is important to progress. Similar to you, I have stress from family, work and life. I'm currently running an easy strength template and find that is works well for me and fits into a busy life. I like to save the more intense workouts, like nuperts, for low stress periods in life.

@emmanuelm118 I hear you on that one my friend. Hopefully I’m in a better place to start a more intense strength program in august 🤞🏻. I tried putting something together that was more intense and it was just too much for me. So I took the advice of people who commented on that post, a number of whom I already had a lot of respect for, and I’m kinda just floating at maintenance. Doing swings and get ups when I can. Still dedicating a day a week to heavy OHP. I FINALLY learned how to snatch this week. My wife has had Covid ( mild) and our pull up bar and dip bar are in the bedroom w her where as I’ve been sleeping on the couch so as not to get my mom sick... so thankfully, a smaller exercise selection is never a deal break when you have KB’s…

Anyway, best of luck in your strength journey and w whatever stress your managing.

@emmanuelm118 This is my first week but I like how it is set up, all compound exercises that get a lot done in terms of overall strength in a smaller window. I chose schedule B because it includes both KB and BW. There is also the option to add in hanging leg raises and dead bugs for a bit extra core work. Geoff doesn't really discuss warm up so I did a 5-minute, steady state warm up on my airbike and some stretching before hand. I consider myself to be a dabbler with kettlebells at best so I have committed to running this according to plan through the 12 weeks. I am tracking my weight, measurements, etc. I've lost 35lbs over the last 6 months with a diet clean up but have a bit more fat to lose and want to increase strength and put on some muscle.

Back