Easy ways to add protein to my diet?

rubertnrubert

Hi y’all, I hope this kind of post is okay here.

I’ve been vegan for almost 3 years and while I’ve never felt healthier, I am hoping to gain more strength. A weightlifter friend was pointing out that no matter how much I work on my strength exercises if I don’t get more protein in to my daily diet I’ll never be able to gain strength the way I’d like. I’m hoping to get some advice. Thanks y’all!

@rubertnrubert The easiest way I’ve found is making seitan that has pea protein incorporated into it. With that I can easily hit waaayyy over my protein goal. Fitveganchef is whose recipe I use

@rubertnrubert I have been doing 180g+ of protein a day consistently on a ~3000kcal diet. Also notice I'm cheap as fuck. Most of my weekdays look like this:

Breakfast: 55g/750kcal = half a block of scrambled firm tofu + a cup of soy milk + (a P&J sandwich OR oatmeal with pb and dried fruits)

Lunch: 25g/500kcal = this varies too much but just eat a large volume

Snack: 15g/500kcal = trail mix + a fruit before workout

Dinner: 35g/700kcal = carbs + one large can of beans

+ 30g/100kcal = a large scoop of protein powder

This adds up to 160g/2550kcal, put the unavoidable snacks there and it becomes 180g/3000kcal.

@rubertnrubert This is how I get my protein.

Breakfast: kite hill Greek yogurt
Lunch: super firm high protein tofu w veggies
Dinner: something else protein based-beans, like protein pasta, beyond meat, more tofu.

Snacks: misfit protein bars

Gets me to ~120 grams a day

@rubertnrubert Soy milk protein shakes with protein powder.
Also tempeh. Tempeh is god tier.
Also beyond meat and shot like that. Maybe not the best thing every day but also not really sure what is unhealthy about it? Idk I eat a couple beyond burgers every week and love life rn 🤷‍♂️
Also mucho burritos with soy crumble and
hella beans 🌯 👍🔥

Back