Fit Female Vegan Food/Diet share: What do you Eat in a day?

revxus

Supplements: B-12, algae omega, 50% daily value of calcium, occasional multi-vitamin, creatine mono

Breakfast:
9-18oz coffee w unsweetened almond milk;
1/2 c (dry) quick oats;
1 tbsp blackstrap molasses;
1tbsp peanut butter, raw hemp seeds, or other nut/seed

Lunch:
1/3--1/2 can of beans;
---optional: add tofu or a few Beyond Chicken strips OR sub
seitan/tempeh for the beans---
1/2c of short grain brown rice or quinoa OR 1/2 large sweet
potato OR 1 serving black bean or lentil pasta;
Mixed kale, cabbage, peppers, onion, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.;
Sauce: no-sodium salsa + hot sauce, BBQ sauce, ketchup,
gochujang, homemade italian tomato sauce, or sriracha; nutritional yeast and spices;
1 orange;
1 small avocado

Dinner:
An entree exactly like lunch, minus the avocado and orange

On workout days I will add a shake of pea protein and unsweetened almond milk with creatine, vanilla extract, stevia, and sometimes cocoa powder

For extra snacks I have hummus and veggies, shelled edamame (I buy frozen and thaw it in the fridge overnight), half-thawed frozen mango, oil-free popcorn if I'm watching a movie, seaweed sheets, pecans/almonds/brazil nuts, fake junk meats (meatless meatballs from whole foods or Beyond Chicken strips), or 85% dark chocolate. Sometimes I eat a balanced combo of the above snacks instead of a cooked meal.

Other times, I get home from work, drink a beer, and eat 1/2--1 carton of Coconut Bliss or Nadamoo ice cream or eat Daiya pizza instead of having a healthy dinner. There. I said it. I also allow myself to eat the sweets in the break room at work.

This adds up to 1600-2200 calories, 80g+ of protein, 60g of fat, and the rest carbs. I am 5'3, 130lbs, ~25% body fat, pear shaped. I easily maintain my weight on this diet and could definitely look better if I cut out beer, ice cream, and a few other things and dialed up the exercise. I am a new inpatient ICU RN, so I walk for 12 hours x 3 days a week but currently lift only about 2-3x a week with minimal cardio.

@revxus I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses BBQ sauce or some sort of hot sauce frequently to flavor up vegan protein. I always assumed healthy vegan diet didn't use those things but now I feel much better about it.

@nccountrygirl Hahaha, likewise! Hot sauce is pretty much just vinegar, chile, and salt--I'm careful to choose one that doesn't have weird added preservatives. But even the mustard-based BBQ sauce I use is full of sugar. I'm thinking of replacing it with a spice blend as I try to slim down a bit.

@revxus 5' 4" 125lb ~20% BF Lift 6 days a week, 15-60 minutes cardio daily. Currently cutting fat for summer (typical, right). Typical routine is early morning cardio and afternoon lift (approx. 1 hour). Bodybuilding-style workouts for 2 years.

Breakfast: Avocado toast on homemade wheat bread (2 slices, 1/4 avocado) w/ lemon & salt or 1/3 cup quick oats w/ cinnamon, stevia, and vanilla extract. Top with various nut and fruit offerings, depending on what I have on hand

Lunch: Extra Firm tofu or bean w/ side of steamed frozen veggie & grain cooked with spices (quinoa, rice, buckwheat, etc.) with a 16-oz. bottle of homemade kombucha

Dinner: Whatever I make for myself and my husband (he eats leftovers for lunch). Usually a bean/tofu/tempeh based oil-free dish (stir fry, curry, chili) with side of steamed veggie over a grain or protein pasta (edamame spaghetti, quinoa noodles, etc).

Snacks: Too much iced coffee--my health vice--w/ lite coconut milk that I've pre added cinnamon and vanilla to. Snack on mostly fruits and veggies all day w/ some additional savory snacks (watermelon, snap peas, oil-free roasted potatoes w/ homemade ketchup, grape tomatoes, dried fruit, Mary's Gone Crackers w/ hummus, carrots, the list goes on and on and on). Evening snacks usually some sort of nice cream (frozen bananas or frozen cherries blended up w/ a dash of water) or salty snack I've made--Oh She Glows Chia Bread is the bomb. Also like applesauce with date-sweetened homemade granola.

I feel best mentally and physically when I'm avoiding 95% added oils and refined sweeteners. I definitely am not satiated unless my meal has some sort of fat or protein in it (straight fruit and veggies do not keep me full but make me hungrier). I also love cooking, so that comes in handy for sure.

@mogomina Nice! I make kombucha, too :) I'm starting to clean up my diet and spend more time cooking (just finished up a really busy residency program last week), so I will definitely be copying some of your evening snack ideas. Thank you for sharing!

@revxus Breakfast: 1 piece Ezekiel bread w/ 1 tbsp hummus on top. Half an avocado and ground flax on too too. Orange or banana. OR tofu scramble

Lunch: half cup quinoa or mixed rice/lentil blend & baked brussel sprouts, carrots, and asparagus. Seasoned with salt & pepper and a little Chipotle mayo.

Dinner: some pasta recipe usually or some curry recipe (lol sorry dinners are always random)

@revxus I live in the subtropics so my diet is based around what's ripe this month and available at the market.

Right now I am eating a lot of zucchini, sweetcorn, avocado, peanuts, eggplant, butternut squash, coconut, pumpkins, sweet potato, banana, and various leafy greens like amaranth greens, rape greens, lettuce, cabbage, bok choy, and pumpkin leaves.

No refined sugar, no oils, no gluten, no manufactured foods.

I love to eat clean. Eat 2000+ calories and feeling great. I love big portions and love to feel full.

Back