Great video about bloating

cabeyta

Hi everyone, I am sure a few of you have seen this already but this is a video by Natacha Océane about bloating. This happens to me every day and it was so refreshing to see. Bloating is something I really struggle with and I wish it didn't happen but to see that someone so fit and lean looks the same was really reassuring to see.

@cabeyta I had my large bowel removed 1.5 years ago and I didn't realise at the time but never feeling bloated ever again is definitely a positive side effect!

@cabeyta Wow, I am both relieved and concerned, but mostly relieved to see that I'm not alone. I'm bloated every day and it sucks. I figured out I'm allergic to garlic but I know there are more 😢

@lilyjolene Bloating is a natural response and completely normal, as the other commenter is mentioning. I don't believe there's anyway to completely avoid it, but there's definitely ways to not make it worse (what @firms12 is writing). If your bloating is so bad and constant, that it actually hurts, there could be another issue than normal bloating.

@joyelade Yes I am beginning to realize that the issue is that we naturally bloat (I mean, if you out food in your stomach it's going to be bigger!!) but all we see are images of fit women with flat stomachs. The only time we see images of women with stomachs that are not flat are women with body fat, so we assume that little body fat = abs and if you have abs then you'll have a flat stomach. I have little fat on my stomach and I still look pregnant after lunch and for the rest of the day. Occasionally this doesn't happen and I am yet to figure it out. But I have an iffy relationship with food due to a past eating disorder and so I often eat foods that have fewer calories but lots of bulk since it takes me longer to feel mentally full and satisfied.

@lilyjolene I think part of it is a natural bit of taking in water and regular levels of salt so your body has some bloating.

But honestly, eat clean, avoid lots of sugar and salt, drink a decent bit of water, exercise but allow rest days. Get enough sleep.

@cabeyta She is not a knowledgeable in the area of GI research, she started a phd in a completely different area related to Bio-science and she did not complete her phd. She is probably bloated because she is hydrating so much in the heat and drinking a lot of shakes or most likely because of a GI issue that she hasn't addressed.

She is not qualified to coach or advise people on training or nutrition. That one leg on, one leg off in quick succession move she was doing on the leg press machine actually looked like it could end up injuring somebody real quick. All her workouts have very little structure and follow an ''everything but the kitchen sink' type plan that would make anyone with only a cursory knowledge of training run a mile, this type of training it is not sustainable over time.

It really bothers me that I come on a forum about health and fitness and these ridiculous 'alpahlete' nonsense type youtuber people who tell their followers that they love them with no qualifications are constantly promoted over actual scientists, researchers and coaches.

@bevinluvwithjesus I recommend watching this video of hers where she discusses the scientific literature
she's not perfect but certainly more knowledgeable than the vast majority of people. I have also researched this to death and she sums it up well, and I have a PhD in biology so am pretty good at interpreting papers. I do think there is some strong research backing up the FODMAP diet HOWEVER I agree from experience that it is detrimental in the long term

@cabeyta I needed to see this today! I've been struggling a lot with bloating lately, partly because I upped my exercise a couple weeks ago and partly because I'm horrible at drinking enough water. No joke y'all I took a pregnancy test this morning juuuuuust to make sure it was just normal bloat and not anything more...permanent lol

@gergely This is why all my photos of me in my post about my cut don't have my face in them.

For while my body in the morning says, 'I am fit and sexy and tanned and strong,' my face and birds nest hair say, 'Better bring a bag.'

Back