Happy Holidays /r/BWF! Our Gift to You: The BWF Primer Routine Technical Outline (+ only 1 week until the New Year's Primer Community Event!)

@marcusfetzer Nothing is mandatory as stated in the post, but Olympic rings will make the bodyweight rows significantly easier than macgyvering a "towel in the door" set up. They can also later be used for pull ups and other more advanced exercises.

Rings are likely the single best cost to benefit ratio purchase a beginner can make if you are going to buy anything. They're only like 40$ even here in maple syrup land where everything is like 20% more expensive. Start thinking about where you can safely mount or hang them before pulling the trigger though.

@marcusfetzer From what is in the post, no, not for the foundations phase. Eventually you’ll want to train pull-ups in which case you do need somewhere to do those, but maybe see if you like doing body weight training first.

@dontdosadness One suggestion

When the all the routines are updated with their new versions in 2021 can you mention which primary muscle group(s) each exercise work? I know all are compound movements. Still the pushup works chest and triceps more than biceps. I am talking about that.

@dontdosadness
programs have had such a high barrier to entry

This is exactly the reason I wasn't able to begin RR for so long. So this year I decided, OK, will make it my top priority to read and learn everything, focus on skill days first and hopefully perform a full RR workout by February. Started the grind today > warmup > deadbugs > link to your site > "The Deadbug is without a doubt, the single most important core exercise out there" > me: "niiiice" > BWF Primer > WHOA, THIS IS PERFECT!

Can't wait to start on Monday! Thank you!!!