2020 CrossFit Games Finals Event 9: Happy Star

@psaxno I don’t know if I’d call it a legitimate question... Its a question, but certainly isn’t a legitimate answer to be had. You’re just going to get a bunch of “yes she is” “no she isnt” that doesn’t really add a whole lot.

@psaxno People still want to live in denial and imagine their sport idols don’t take PEDs. That illusion was shattered years ago for most adults. She needs better people in her life if she isn’t on some sort of PED. The human body can’t train at high intensity 5-6 hours a day and recover. It is science. I’d bet 7 out of the 10 have used a PED in the past year. I hope they have.

@wvchristian I go into the games assuming they all are, the woman who originally took the 9th spot in the first level did test positive this year. Along with a few others in much lower positions. So it's really not crazy to think that the higher level, more elite athletes have or are currently on PEDs. They still have to work their asses off, eat right and have super great genetics so it's still not the average guy taking a shot in the ass and waking up Mat Fraser.

@dawn16 Confusing for sure. I was talking more about the other athletes. Athletes in general.

The entire sub has now became “How are they that much better than the rest of the field” “it is gear”. Hopefully it dies by next week.

@primrosehill You aren’t the only one. I’ve been focusing so much on pacing lately. But I am so so bad about going out hot and nose diving. Especially ones exactly like this. Rounds with 400m run and then a complex. I feel so bad for her.

@medanum6298 Feel like a brook defender today even though I’m not really a huge fan...

She’s been to the Games six times and her worst finish is 15th. Hard to call that a disappointing career

@medanum6298 This event just shoved it in my face. She runs like a baby deer.

I guess I was expecting more since she got in the Top 5 in the first place, but she’s not really athletic at all she’s just a wicked in-shape person.

@notbybreadalone I’ve never been able to figure out who at HQ loves her, but it’s clear she’s in their favor. Hype hype hype, rules bent for her in the Opens, more hype...and then she just kind of fizzles every time.

Back