Happy Holidays /r/BWF! Our Gift to You: The BWF Primer Routine Technical Outline (+ only 1 week until the New Year's Primer Community Event!)

@genixy Rows can absolutely be done with rings.

I even did them with a rope with loops at the ends, jammed into the top of a shut door. (... I don't recommend that, unless you can fashion some kind of handle that doesn't hurt your hands like mine did.)

@silverfanng You're actually better off just gripping the towel/rope with a knot in the end than making a loop if you go this route, build some grip strength for free and tough grip is less unpleasant than smushed hands.

@lawrenceryan Yup, but I didn't have a towel that could fit in the door crack, and the rope was so narrow I couldn't grip it.

I eventually put tea towels in the loops, and not long after got rings.

@dontdosadness I do NOT understand the flowchart of this routine. I feel like every time I start investigating, I start at the build up, then somehow at the wind up back at the buildup. I never find the actual BWF Strength Foundation routine unless I'm somehow missing something entirely. From what I'm reading, you do the Primer Buildup, then the Primer, then Strength Foundation, then XXXX but I can't get out of the Buildup routine. Even the end of this routine that tells you what you need to move on precedes another buildup routine synopsis. I feel like the only thing I can find is the actual buildup routine, and very little specifics about the Primer itself, or the routines after the primer. Any assistance? Just...a link straight to the routine.

Also, do you do progressions in the primer, or is it simply "You did 3x8 pushups etc, time to move on to another routine"?

Back