Has anybody else just gotten sick of protein?

@kenhui So you’re about 60kg right? Yeah if you want to absolutely optimise muscle growth, you may want 80-100g of protein. But absolutely you can grow muscle with less.

It depends on your goals. I’m guessing your goals aren’t to be as jacked as possible - and thus steroids and sleep schedule and super super strict diet.

At 4 months, you should still be making newbie strength and muscle gains with a consistent diet and exercise program. These, including sleep, are much more important factors than an extra 20g of protein.

Eat what you want and have a protein shake to add to the 60g a day if you’d like. There are some easy ways tho with like protein based pancakes and such. Finding the right higher protein bread and pasta and rice/quinoa can add another 10g through the day just with normal eating.

But yeah 100g is a super high target. 80g is a better one based on your goals and such I think.

@kenhui I can’t digest higher protein food so I don’t eat it. Literally protein powder, bars, setian, Evan a meal with tofu and beans will cause me intense GI pain for days. I don’t eat much protein at all. Like a days intake for me could be oatmeal, pbj with fruit, and then rice and veggies for dinner. Sometimes I add beans, tofu, or lentils but I have to be careful.

Anyways I’m constantly getting blood work and stool tests trying to figure out my GI issues and I’m not deficient in protein or dying. I’ve been like this forever but eating like this for a decade. Even when I used to lift heavy and gained muscle. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@kenhui Have you tried Vegan Clear Protein? It tastes like lemonade and doesn’t make me gag like regular protein powders. I order mine from MyProtein and they have multiple flavours.

@kenhui Sadly no, eating more protein makes a huge difference for me, I recover faster, my lifts progress steadily (except for my ohp, fuck ohp gah), I have more energy, it's not even comparable.

@kenhui I cosign the other comments about buying better tasting protein, no need to punish yourself.

And I would suggest you mix that protein in a smoothie/ smoothie bowl, pancakes/waffles, cookies, etc. Try replacing regular pasta with chickpea or lentil pasta. Use the high protein plant based milk so you can get 10g per cup instead of 3. Find baking recipes that calls for chickpeas or beans. You can also find some salad dressing recipes that use blended tofu or cashews.

It'll take some planning ahead hopefully that helps make it to 100g easier. I know it can be tough though, good luck!

@kenhui As someone who’s been lifting for 6 years I feel you. I have been LOVING clear protein. Myprotein has clear vegan protein and it tastes just like juice, it’s so easy to drink that I drink it purely for taste sometimes. I love the watermelon flavour or strawberry

@kenhui Been there, and decided that enjoying what I eat mattered more than getting whatever aesthetic advantage eating loads of protein would get me