Has anyone had any luck…

Hey everyone ! 5’4” 160 pounds and was wondering if anyone had had any luck losing a bra size while working out.
My boobs have always been on the larger side before I had my kids I had a D than a double D then I had two kids a few years apart and now I’m a G-cup and they feel so heavy that no matter what Bra I use I just can’t get comfortable I currently lift weights six days a week, I do cardio and I’m looking good but these boobs are just making me feel heavier. I swear I think they are 4 pounds each. Anyones I input would be appreciated. I just don’t know what to do anymore. I wish I could have reduction surgery but you need to have loads of documentation for them to consider covering it under medical insurance and I don’t have the time to go to all of the drs appointments.

@scripturalreasoning Working out doesn’t reduce your cup size. You may experience a decrease in your breast size with weight loss, but that comes from a calorie deficit, not exercise. Genetics is a pretty big factor though. If you have denser breast issue, you’re less likely to see a change in your cup size if you lose weight. I personally never saw any change in my bra size, i was a G Cup when I was overweight, I was a G cup when I was underweight. I ended up having a breast reaction.

@rodneys In a few years when my youngest goes to school im going to do what I need to in order to get it done. People curse me because they are so big and I should be grateful, these things are so heavy and they hurt. I could run a marathon if I didn’t have them !

@scripturalreasoning Both my mother and sister have had breast reductions. I say git 'er done when you have the time to jump through the necessary hoops! Based on their experiences, you'll be glad you did.

If they are causing pain, hopefully it won't be too difficult to wrangle up the necessary documentation! Fingers crossed for you.

@james6771 Thank you! I do want to but it requires at least a year of regular chiropractic appointments and other testing to show that I need it done because it causes back issues. I really hope I can get it done one day.

@rodneys This isn’t true. It depends on the person. I lost 22 lbs and went from a C cup to an A. It just depends on the person, genetics and where your body wants to store fat. Good luck!

@rodneys just seeing this! working out definitely reduced my cupsize. the more muscle i get, the less fat my body has and i lose it right from my chest first.

@dawn16 What you’re describing is biologically not how our bodies work. Gaining muscle does not cause fat loss. Being in a calorie deficit is what causes fat loss.l

@rodneys As you gain muscle and workout, fat loss is a bi product Of that. I do not need need to reduce my calories anymore to lose fat. I actually need to increase my calories in order to gain muscle. Have you ever heard of body recomp?

@dawn16 Yes obviously I know what body recomposition is. However, gaining muscle does not automatically mean you’ll lose fat. I’m not going to engage further as this is a very basic concept and you seem committed to misrepresenting it.

@scripturalreasoning Breasts are made up of a combination of fat and breast tissue. The ratio varies from woman to woman. If you have a decent amount of fat in your breasts you can lose it by lowering your overall body fat percentage. If your breasts are mostly breast tissue they won’t change in size. If your doctor has told you that you have dense breasts then it’s mostly breast tissue. Breast size can be influenced by hormones which may be why they grew when you were pregnant.

@scripturalreasoning I lost 43 lbs in a year (173 -> 130) and my bra size went from 36d to 34b. I was a little sad in the beginning but man, I can finally wear button down shirts again without the buttons bursting on my chest!

ETA: also 5’4”

@scripturalreasoning I talked about it here, went from big for my size to massive and now back down to big again. Weight loss is the key but it's not an exact science when it comes to boobs. It was honestly so much of my motivation to lose weight, I really hated them!