Has anyone had good results from hanging exercises for irritated rotator cuff?

lyrajane1229

Right shoulder gives me problems like I posted, has a few steroid shots, and do some of the common movements to help restore it. Mobility isn’t bad and it isn’t a true “quality of life” issue but I can do weights anymore like I’d want. A guy I trust recommended hanging exercises, do y’all have any experiences or recommendations?

@lyrajane1229 I hang. Idk if it was rotator cuff issues. But could press anything. Couldn’t raise my arm very high. Hurt when I slept on it. Took months and months off. Minimal recovery. I hang in between my sets and I am suddenly getting better. I can press a bit now. My pain was in the front delt area.

@avgold Exactly where mine is and exact about sleeping (always on my side, pillows btw knees). I’ve moved almost all exercise to cardio which has been great in some ways but damn I miss chest day.

Thanks for response

@lyrajane1229 Try the hang. If it hurts stop. I use my pull up park and I do narrow, wide and then the handles. It is definitely hurting less in my sleep. Which to me matters most, like damn it hurts to hurt in your sleep.

@lyrajane1229 20+ shoulder dislocations and a couple of shoulder operations gives me a vast of rehab exercises to try here.

1) pin your elbow in to your side, arm straight forward (arm should make an L shape, with elbow pinned) holding a lightweight, rotate your arm out wards keeping your elbow tucked in and shoulder blades pulled down and back, repeat for 10/15 reps.

2) pec stretches, your shoulders take the brunt when your chest is tight

3) put a teatowel under your forearms leaning against a wall and slide your hands up the wall

4) go see a physio, it’s worth it, check if your work will cover it as well, desk jobs tend to have employees care programs for this stuff to avoid being sued to shit if you’re in the uk at least

@lyrajane1229 I do semi heavy farmers walks for time, at the end of every pressing day. Stretches everything out and I’ve been pressing heavy for 15+ years pain free

Hands just inflame my elbows I only hang long enough for things to pop

@lyrajane1229 I saw a physical therapist for rotator cuff issues last year, and she recommended that I do hangs. I do find them helpful. Other exercises I've found helpful include stretching against a doorframe, or a BodyBlade (look up knock offs, the name brand is quite expensive, meant for PT clinics and the like).