Hey fitness bros need your advice

daniel22

I’m facing following issues since start of this month,
  1. After losing 7kgs I hit plateau, despite of bringing variations in my workout regime, changing diet, I’m still not seeing results both weight wise or inch wise.
  2. I have lost my appetite and that is slowing my already terrible metabolism. I don’t feel like consuming food and if I want to it’s usually junk so I stick with not eating at all.
  3. I’m taking MuscleBlaze’s protein but I think that isn’t working for me. I don’t see any difference since I started apart from my body getting more loose.
  4. I have regained my period issue. I had fine menstrual cycle but since I started gym it’s been 45days that I haven’t had them and no I’m not pregnant, I have confirmed 10times with my gynae that s[sup]x[/sup] in dreams don’t get you pregnant.
Would really appreciate your inputs and advice guys. Thank you in advance.

@crazysis My current workout is focusing one muscle per day with combination of abs or HIIT. One set strength and one set HIIT makes a whole 1 set.
This was made by my personal trainer

Diet is very basic, chai at 8am(non negotiable), lunch at 1pm(2 roti and curry), post workout protein shake, dinner mei papaya or sprouts salad with soya chunks or paneer

@daniel22 You can include compound moments in workout(if not doing so),your calories seems way less i don’t think you should cut more on calories but can include a daily walk if feasible

Loosing 0.25 0.5 kg per week is also fine. Just be consistent and don’t cheat on your schedule

@crazysis I don’t cheat mostly. Even if I do I make sure I don’t go beyond 1800 Cals.

I forgot to mention except on leg days I do 20min incline 12 at speed 3 and then sprint at speed 9 twice or thrice of a minute or minute and half

@daniel22 You can week by week cut by 50 calories but don’t go below 1500
You will have to daily do your cardio

And as you mentioned about loose skin your cardio time should be half of the weight training
And also soya chunks vs paneer I would go with paneer

And have you tried PPL ? It’s always good to hit each muscle twice a week

@daniel22 This diet does not look good to me for long term... where are the colours? You should include spinach, bottle gourd greens, mustard greens, amaranth and such other microgreens... also mushrooms as your diet doesn't seem to have enough micros.

@daniel22 Nothing against your trainer but your training schedule and all those HIIT with every set seems bit too over for me as i also lost around 20kgs in last 5-6 months it was slow but worked well for me thé intensity you are putting rn is like you can’t go beyond this if plateau hit as there no scope for more calories to cut down

@daniel22 I can understand that as i also got a period when i wasn’t losing any weight the main thing which worked for me was i just re-assisted my diet and workout plan including compound moments proper strength focused workouts and then a cardio for 30 mins and calories under 1900 for this whole period worked wonder for me as i was just consistent with this plan for last few months lost a substantial amount of weight and gained some muscle too

@daniel22 Tbh your diet doesn't look sustainable and do you measure your food/calculate your calories? It seems like you are consuming quite less than you should.

If you are not able to eat more, you may give a try to high caloric foods like dryfruits and nuts and around your pre workout, may be some simple carbs or sugar.

If you are working out from 2-3 months, you might want to take deload for couple of weeks (reduce the volume to half) or reduce the frequency to half.

Try to quantify your meals.
Try planned progression

@daniel22 Myprotein was best in terms of quality but it has high level of lead. (tested only flavoured whey)

I would suggest to keep on switching between 2-3 good brands. As i consume raw unflavoured whey p only as it has lowest heavy metals profile.

i go for myprotein in month 1, asitis in month 2, avvatar in month 3, REPEAT

You can choose for flavoured whey from the link i shared

@daniel22 Losing weight is majorly about staying in calorie deficit and sustaining the deficit. In workout try to spend more time on staircase or inclined treadmill. Cardio burns underwhelming amount of calories.

Whey protein is not panacea, it will help you hit the daily protein goal. Great if you consume it, but at the end of the day you’ll have to make changes in your diet and life style.

For a week try to track your calories intake. Quantify how much calories you burn. Most likely you’ll realise you its not the progress that plateaued but your efforts.
I have had struggled to bulk and put on muscles. I would always say I have fast metabolism. No matter how much I eat I wont gain a pound of muscle. But fault lied within me. I never ate enough. Once I started roughly tracking my calories I and made decisions based off that. I saw the progress.