Hiit for fast twitch muscle?

ladywind

I wan better fast twitch muscle so i do spinning (stationary bike) at the gym as hiit but i c ppl saying hiit is for stamina and slow twitch muscle which is weird

@ladywind Ultimately, spin biking is still cardio and will have very limited muscle growth potential. If you wanna build your legs, pick up some weights.

You can do HIIT workouts with weights, but honestly, if you're new to the gym, you're likely not going to be pushing yourself sufficiently to actually do a proper HIIT workout.

@ladywind I'd imagine that your best bet is to pick up some sort of explosive cardio period. In running routines you usually do mostly moderate paced runs to build up overall endurance, and then you pepper in routine tempo runs/hills/interval running to build up explosiveness and strength.

Not an expert though, just based on what I've seen for my 5k and 10k training schedules.

@ladywind
there are three basic problems with this idea, for both practical (1&2) and scientific (3) reasons:

1) Most muscles have a pretty even split of Type 1 and Type 2 muscle fibers on average.

2) There’s not an easy way for you to know which of your muscles are composed predominantly of Type 1 or Type 2 fibers.

3) It’s not even clear that Type 1 and Type 2 muscle fibers respond preferentially to different styles of training.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/muscle-fiber-type/

Back