How can I gain muscle ?

kenvil3

Hey I’m a 13M and im 5’7 and im around 105 pounds so im severely underweight . Im trying to gain some weight but im not sure where to start . I know there’s a certain amount of calories I should be in taking to gain weight but im not sure what the amount is. Can someone help me? I’ll also be working out so here’s my schedule right now :

Upper Body:
  • Ladder Pushups
  • 4 x 10 Shoulder taps
  • 4 x 25 Pushups
  • 4 x 25 Dumbell lifts each hand
  • 4 x 10 Pull-Ups
  • 4 x 10 Clap Push-ups (optional)
Lower Body:
  • 4 x 25 Standard Squats
  • 3 x 6 Split Squat Jumps ( Each leg)
  • 3 x 8 Squat Jumps
  • 3 x 20 Calf Raises
  • 3 x 1 min Wall Squats
Core:
  • 4 x 25 Crunches
  • 3 x 10 Russian Twist (each side)
  • 3 x 20 Sit up reach
  • 3 x 20 Suitcase Crunch
  • 3 x 1 min Plank
I do
Monday upper
Tuesday lower and core
Wednesday rest
Thursday upper
Friday lower and core
Sat rest
Sun rest

TLDR: I’m a 5’7 105 pound male, how many calories a day should I consume to gain muscle ?

@kenvil3 Eat. Eat. Eat. But it has to be the right food for it to work properly. Keep a food log of literally everything you intake and figure out what your current caloric intake is. From there you will have to up your food intake based off where you’re at in calories, rinse, repeat. You will also have to add more food for calories based off how many calories you burn during exercising.

@kenvil3 Gaining weight comes down to calorie (energy) intake, in the forms of healthy carbs, protein and fat. I’m pretty sure your parents could help you with this if you ask, you’re still quite literally a child and I suspect are in the thick of puberty. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time to bloom. Learning basics of how to care for yourself properly now will set the groundwork for your work in the future. As your hormones mature, your body will naturally add the muscle for you.

Let your parents know your goals and they can give you guidance so that your body has what it needs! And be careful asking Reddit for help in this area, there are some bad people who would try to take advantage of initiating contact with you pretending to be helpful! Be safe, love!!

@kenvil3 Calories, bud. Adding healthy, calorically dense snacks Things like peanut butter on whole wheat, tuna with crackers, cheese sticks and blueberries, carrots and hummus, avocado and turkey on a wrap, protein shakes with yogurt and other supplements, can all help you add mass. Talk to your parents about what you’re looking to do, especially if you approach them with solid goals and some healthy eating ideas that aren’t very expensive, they’ll likely be willing to help. Good luck, stay safe out here in these internet swamps, study hard, and keep lifting.

@brighton Idk I’ve always been able to do a lot of pull-ups like 10 in a row when I was in 4th grade I always figured it was bc I was skinny so it wasn’t much weight to pull up though.