How can i increase my calorie intake?

teofan

i eat 3-4 meals a day which adds up to about 500-800 calories a day. I try to eat as much as i can but nothing is working. I currently want to focus on building muscle but i dont think my current calorie intake is enough.

Thoughts?

edit:
for reference, yesterday i ate:
breakfast (174 calories total):
1 apple
60 g of chicken in some curry sause
5 g sugar
1 tea bag of green tea
0,60 ml of 1,5% fat milk

lunch (39 calories total):
2 egg yolks
20 g pan fried potatoes
30 g chicken fillet

dinner (85 calories total):
55 g lahm ajin

also im 16 years old, should have probably mentioned that before. not trying to troll, i wanna build muscle.

@teofan You gotta give more details on what you are eating.

One chicken breast is something like 200calories. A baked potato is 160. A PB&J can be nearly 400. A can of soda is 150. A handful of nuts is 150. A glass of milk is 100.

800 calories total a day is kind of unbelievable.

@teofan You are taking in very little calories and could be starving yourself which in turn can cause you to lose muscle. I would talk to a dietician and find the proper amount of calories you should be eating for your body type and then go from there. They might have better suggestions on healthy ways to increase your calorie intake as well. In the mean time a protein shake could help you get a boost in some calories.

@teofan Are you... tracking it right? I have an app that let's you scan the barcode of the product to get the nutrition values and stuff. Like everyone else has said, this is dangerously low calorie intake

@teofan How do you track grams if you don't have a food scale to do so? Either the app is wrong or your conversion is wrong.

Or you really are only eating 500-800 calories. Completely unhealthy especially for a 16 year old. You're probably small because you're not getting the nutrients for your general growth. Assuming your goal is to get bigger.

@dravenwalker 1 tablespoon is 15 ml which is 15 g so thats kinda what i've been going off of and just common sense. like 2/8 of a potato cant be 200 calories

i also weigh around 50 kg

@teofan
1 tablespoon is 15 ml which is 15 g

One cubic mm of water is one ml and weighs one gram. But that conversion only works for water. A spoonful of bricks weighs more than a spoonful of feathers, right?

2/8 of a potato cant be 200 calories

A quarter of a potato might be 75g and 75g of fried potato could easily be upwards of 200 calories.

Nobody can really give you good advice on adjustments until you're properly measuring your intake. A couple of ounces of food for each meal is a pretty meager serving, though. 30g of chicken is a piece about the size of a man's thumb. If you really are eating tiny portions, knowing why would make it easier to make suggestions.

@teofan You're definitely doing something wrong. Whether it's calculations or not. An egg yolk is about 50 calories and having 2 would make it about 100. Both my app and Google says so too. (Unless I'm reading something wrong??)