How do you reconcile the "we don't need that much protein!" attitude of veg*n communities with the "ALL THE PROTEIN!" attitude of fitness communities?

@christopherv I know you don't want to hear this but you can easily eat more calories than this and get alot more protein. I noticed when I went onto a vegan diet I could stuff myself with veggies and have actually since noticed a lower body fat percentage than when I was "cutting" as an omnivore now around 6% vs 9%. Even though I now have an insane amount of carbs (nearly 300) and 3300 calories every day I also get more than 175 grams of protein and all the fiber in the world to clog my toilet with. I would urge you to just try it out eating healthy vegan meals with a higher amount of calories for a while you might be surprised at how your own body and fat stores respond to a vegan diet vs other people's own supposed guidelines who haven't even tried a vegan diet.

I noticed that I did not put on anywhere near as much fat as most people said I would eating this much plant matter everyday. So try it eh?