How I got the Full Front Lever

@jesusloverr I've switched to archer pull-ups as a way to overload without weights, and I'll use your one-leg style as I progress in front lever. I'm a total newb so tucking both legs in a lever style on my rings is still a struggle for me, and I couldn't even do that three months ago! 37 years old (only 4 years muscle training..) and 6'2" are not really working in my favor.

I'm also a big fan like you of the "flex into position" the easy way, transition to hard position and slowly release. I do them on many other muscle groups too.

Thanks for posting!

@jmon Was curious about those over 6’2”ish and performing such feats... the moment of inertia for us long kats is way higher.

I’m 6’5” and at my strongest was 220lbs. Mind you, this was thru a combination of running, swimming, lots of body weight exercises, and 3 days of relatively light weight lifting, ie, squats, dead lifts, bench, and over head presses.

Would’ve been a real struggle to train to perform this routine...

@jesusloverr my workout 70% similar to this started training front lever seriously from around January now i can hold 5 seconds straddle front lever this post gonna help alot of newbies thats a great work

@jesusloverr Thanks for the advice, calisthenics seems like a sustainable practice and a more natural way to fit in resistance training- it also goes well with a yoga routine as well.

@jesusloverr Such a clean front lever you got.
And great tutorial by the way.
It took me 6month to get my first full FL but the form wasn't too good.
Sadly I tore my labrum so now I can't do front lever probably ever again. It really sucks because I worked so hard to get it.