How many grams of protein powder do u take in a day and when usually. Thanks!

jh4553

I dont know if I should take a scoop pre workout and another scoop post workout. When is the optimal time?

@jh4553 Personal preference lang ayoko sa as pre workout dahil ayoko ng mabigat chan. Pero yung brother ko gusto naman nya may laman yung chan. So yeah it doesn't really matter when you take it. And how much depends on your required macros. Usually pag di ko naabot protein requirement ko for the day dun lang ako magtatake.

Thanks guys! I'll try drinking a scoop preworkout then another one post workout. I'll try to see first if I'll be alright lifting with a protein shake taken. If I'm not comfortable, maybe I'll just take after workout. Thanks again!

Also how to quantify your macros. I dont cook my meals I just eat sa karinderya most of the time ☹ but I try to eat chicken, pork and not skip an extra rice per meal

@jh4553 Try using myfitness pal. Pwede mo search yung ulam kahit sinigang kaldereta etc. Pero not that accurate since di mo naman mainput ano lahat ingredients na ginamit pero para lang siguro may pang estimate ka kahit papano.

@jh4553 If you mean guesstimating.

If you mean knowing your macro targets, just hit 1:1 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight, subtract those calories from your daily target, and fill in the rest of the calories with the macros of your choice.

@jh4553 About 2 scoops a day of myprotein smooth chocolate. I'm a bigger dude so I need more protein to match up with my lean body mass. I have one right after working out then another one later into the evening a few hours before I go to bed just because I like how it "fills" me up before going to bed.

@jh4553 As for me, I take 2 scoops per day before I sleep (24g each)... There's no specific time when you want to take it. I take it at night to keep me feel full and hydrated during my sleep.

@jh4553 0.75-1.0g/lb of body weight

no optimal time but spread your meals throughout the day, I eat 3-4 times a day (usually 4) so i eat like every 3-4 hours with protein.

regarding protein powders though, whey protein is fast digesting while casein is slow. so if you wanna drink a protein shake before bed, I would suggest casein.

EDIT: also usually you take pre-workouts 30mins before working out. i don't usually buy them, I'll have either black coffee/caffeine pill/energy drink instead.

Back