HWPO 2023 pro roster announced!

@melramos2010 I'm excited to see what Barnhart can do. I really don't think there's anything that different about HWPO programming, but hey I'm wrong all the time.

Maybe the focus on all the little details is where they'll make the big gains.

@faithfullyfit Barnhart is insanely strong, especially in a power position but things fall apart for her when she has to squat oly lifts. We’ve seen how much Mal’s technique has improved this last year. I think we’ll see the same for Amanda.

@faithfullyfit Amanda is a tricky one. She front squatted 291 in 2020 so she is plenty strong. Field average was 262 so she's fine. She was historically weak overhead
  • Bombed the HS hold and Nasty Nancy WODs in 2020.
  • 29th in Echo Press this year.
  • 180 snatch last year. (291 FS ---> 315 back squat, should be snatching 215ish and she's way off because of this overhead deficiency, and of course her jerk has never been a strength.

She had a huge gaping fitness issue with going overhead. She did OK in Shuttle B so maybe she has been addressing it, However, her real problem is a fast twitch bias. That's why she's so powerful. It's also why her engine stinks.
  • Bottom half in Bike to Work.
  • Bottom half in Shuttle A.
That whole low end of the spectrum is not there. To really understand her situation, look at Up and Over from the Games. 38th place

How? Because her fast twitch fibers tired out - they go quick - especially with jumps. Continuous movement precluded recovery; no opportunity for "fast singles" which she does well at. Amanda was left with slow twitch fibers only and they couldn't carry the load. She bombed out.

I don't think she can get in the top 5. Tia, Mal, Laura, Danielle B and Migala are all fitter. But if she gets this fixed (big if; it's not an easy one) she can be in the top 10 again.

Back