I’m 13 and wondering if Creatine is necessary

@diyakhandelwal You’re 13!!!! You haven’t grown properly yet and shouldn’t be working out hard until at least 16.
Eat properly, get enough nutrients from your food and drink lots of water. At your age, you should be more focused on getting the right nutrients for your brain and bone development. When you hit about 16, then you can worry about bulking or whatever.

Puberty affects that massively. Just be a kid for a bit. Trust us older folk, it goes too quickly.

@bellsmom
shouldn’t be working out hard until at least 16.

Got a source there? It's perfectly fine for kids to train

Eat properly, get enough nutrients from your food and drink lots of water.

You could say this to literally anyone, why would it not be fine for a 13 year old to use a food supplement but fine for a 16+ year old to use a food supplement?

Creatine is literally in food, do you also think kids shouldn't take a multi vitamin?

@bellsmom The recommended age for resistance training is 7 years old. Don't be silly with saying people need to wait until they're 16.

They'll be both mentally and physically healthier if they develop a routine with the gym now then if they were to wait.

Sincerely a coach who specializes in children athletes in the weight room.

@londonmum Fair. I just meant the focus on bulking and créatine at at 13. My gym runs resistance training for kids as well. My daughters been going since she was 10.

I will make sure I’m clearer in the future though. Thanks for the correction!

@diyakhandelwal Focus on the basics first and foremost sleep, protein, calories, sensible programming.

Having said that more and more studies are showing the benefits of creatine for not just muscle growth and recovery but cognitive and organ function benefits too amongst others.

And it's safe for all ages from babies right through to the elderly.

So yes by all means take it if you want but just keep in mind doing the basics is what will make the big difference for you.