Published Article - Creatine intake for females - a lot of benefits, very little downsides (strength, depression, body composition) :)

@bevinluvwithjesus May I ask how long you took it? It upset mine too but I read somewhere that if it does to skip the loading phase/ start at maintenance dose and the upset should only last a couple weeks. I did that and sure enough, I stopped having issues after about two weeks.

@afj92 Hmmm I don't think I was loading, it was definitely as directed. Perhaps I'll try again, right now, my stomach is messed up anyway so best to wait until that subsides.

@worshiper1994 Thanks for posting! I’ve read about creatine but not sure if it’s worth it, but I think I might give it a try. Personally the bit I loved most was the pre-workout boast - hells yeah I’m gonna crush this workout!!! ;-)

@worshiper1994 thank you for this — it’s high time that exercise/metabolic research shifted the focus away from college-aged men & athletes and toward women and people of all ages and fitness levels

@christiewaden Don't rush though. One study means nothing. Don't make life-changing decisions based on results that haven't been replicated several times under different conditions.

@dawn16 as a scientist, i couldn’t agree more. that said, this is a review article and not a RCT. the article itself references various studies that people can and should read and judge for themselves.

@worshiper1994 Awesome! Sounds like a great thing to incorporate if it's financially feasible and/or convenient!!

For those who might not be able to see the statistics, here's the general idea: creatine creatine has been shown to increase strength performance between 2-10%, increase exercise performance between 2-30% (average: approximately 15%), and increase sports performance by 2-5%, varying based on individual studies (whose results were somewhat inconsistent).

Of course, these numbers are crazy or anything — unless you're really serious about your game, a five percent performance increase is somewhat insignificant! You can get that benefit and more by prioritizing quality sleep, food, and recovery, if you haven't already; I would personally only look into creatine once I was fairly advanced into fitness (if I ever get to that point at all).

@pastormoazzam Heh, I was just thinking this is cool, but really I should work on actually eating enough protein and not getting lazy and sad and stopping working out regularly every few months. I've definitely got lower hanging fruit right now!