I’m going back to the office. How did I workout before work again?!

@anaki247 The ones i go to you have to bring your own locks and they cut any off that have been left their for multiple days and remove what’s in there.

@hvlok If it’s a 24 hour gym, I move my stuff to a different locker (have a boring non descript grey lock) each time and they’ve never suspected. 😎

@joyinsf So, I don’t work in an office, but my experience is relevant here lol.

-If I need to carry a change of clothes with me that cannot be folded, I utilize a garment bag that zips into a tote/duffel. Lots have a compartment for shoes.

-For products like deodorant, I use travel size, or a hairbrush I use a foldout. Those live in the bag 24/7. For products like moisturizer, foundation, etc, I use Palette by Pak and refill as needed.

-Gym clothes after use get placed in an antimicrobial bag so they don’t stink up my stuff.

-My water bottle is a collapsible one from Que, any food I typically put into silicone Stasher bags.

@joyinsf It may be worth it to double up on stuff or get some travel bottles and keep the body soap, hair products, and lotions at the gym then just bring them home to refill once a week. Also - bundle your gym clothes in a reusable freezer bag and throw in a dryer sheet.

@wuzupman Dryer sheets are bad for workout clothes because they leave a coating on the fibers that messes with how they absorb sweat. I know it’s a bit different to put one in the bag, vs. having it rolling all around your clothes in the dryer, but I think it would still rub off on them a bit.

@mystic2010 It’s totally different. I air dry my workout clothes but still use the dryer sheet method and I’ve had the same workout pants from Old Navy for 7 years. But an alternative is a lavender satchet. I just use the dryer sheet because it tends to pull the moisture. I’m not vigorously shaking it around.

@wuzupman I agree with this. I had duplicates of the my toiletries for home and the gym bag. In the before times, I never forgot any work clothe/shoes but would frequently forget toiletries.

@joyinsf Could you leave some things at work? When I biked to work, I would take a week's worth of work clothes at a time (on Monday) and bring them home as the week progressed. I generally wore the same one or two pairs of work shoes all week.

@kunny I also used to do this, but with gym clothes, since I worked out after work. It can be really helpful! If I had time, I sometimes would even go in on a weekend to drop stuff off.

@joyinsf It does feel like a lot! And I drive! Following to see how others manage this. Right now I go to the gym, drive straight to work as I stop sweating, baby wipe shower and dress in my car using the rear-view mirror for makeup. It's not sustainable lol

@dawn16 Oh god. I'm such a sweaty person, this would so not work for me! You're a trooper.

But I am super lucky and have a shower at my office now, which I'm taking full advantage of.

@dawn16 Makes sense. My other suggestion is if you can wear a dress at work and are comfortable in them, that cuts down on items. And, maybe keep a pair of shoes at work. Walk into the office in tennis then switch over.

@david1ru I do this. I keep 3 pairs of nice shoes and a couple blazers at work along with toiletries like deodorant, etc. Originally started with just leaving my nice work pumps in the office so they didn’t get beat up from the long parking lot walk to the building in the winter. Then I realized it made my life so much easier! So I now have a “work kit” in my desk and don’t worry about remembering everything if I’m rushed in the morning.