I’m the crying girl

whitehorse

I’m new to CrossFit. In the past month I’ve cried three times. Once because I was so embarrassed being the last to finish the workout. (I’m so introverted, my worst fear is having everyone look at me.) The next is because I was feeling defeated and hormonal. And tonight I was doing great, my dead lift was heavy, I went higher on my box jumps - and then crashed at one of my last jumps, murdered my shin and cried out of shear pain. I’m so embarrassed, I don’t want to be known as the crier of the gym. I’ve read some other posts that crying can be common but I need to hear it again! Please tell me I’m not the only one….
Part of me thinks I’m crazy for going to the gym and crying / injuring myself, and part of me thinks it’s exactly the mental and physical challenge I need… it’s also cheaper than therapy. ;)

Also, does anyone wear shin guards for box jumps?

@whitehorse I am saying this very nicely but: no one cares how much you cry. People are too busy focusing on themselves, and that is great with your deadlift/boxjumps. Keep showing up.

Edit: I do not need to know how many of you have cried. I do not care. I say that with love 😂

@tantrik Someone has to be last in every single WOD (unless it’s an AMRAP or whatever) 🤷🏻‍♀️ You can be fucking awesome and still be last.

@OP, Karen is the workout that made me cry. And vomit a little bit. I have also cried being desperately desperately sad at being limited by my inflammatory condition and not being able to do what I used to do.

Oh hol up, there was also a time I just cried because double unders made me so angry.

Wait, I think I’m the crier in my gym.

@tantrik I’m regularly the last one to finish. And it’s not cuz I’ve got some Rx+ weight and dropping down in tween TTB. You know who you smoked? Everyone who’s still in bed at 5am! Or who’s down the street at happy hour at 5pm! Or who huffs and puffs to mount a front porch. Keep at it! You’re doing great!

@kunzite Yup 💯!!

I had a tragic event take place in my life and I’ll never forget being in a class and the song that blasted during the WOD reminded me of my love one that just passed away. I fell on box jump and sobbed for a long time. I’ve never seen such compassion from total strangers and I’ve never felt so welcomed by fellow members.

@kunzite The reality in life is that people care less about you than you think, if at all.

If you're not a friend of a family member odds are the people don't give a shit about you, what you do or whatever. Just do you.

Back