I did 10 pullups in a row on my 32nd birthday!

@krissy127 After covid I was also back to a max of 3 and had to slowly work back.. :/ That sucked! I think the key if you are at this stage is to do enoug clean negative reps to "pad out" your set so your muscles stay engaged for a while!

You got this!

@jessicarobertso07 I'm stuck at 3, so I've been doing (3+4 negatives)x3 for last couple of sessions.

I'm also worried I ain't eating enough protein or something because I went from 0 pull ups (not even able to do the hangs) to 1 pull up within 2 months which included active hang, negatives and supported pull ups to pull ups. But, I ate a lot of protein during that time. Now, I can't and I'm frustrated that I am not progressing. I can't increase my protein due to medical reasons and it sucks doing 2-3 less than failure level training for RR and unable to progress as fast. My squats aren't improving as fast too.

End of rant. Just wanted to share the rant here.

@followchristianity Not enough. I was asssuming 0.8g/pound which means I should be taking around 150 for maintenance and around 120 for weight loss (which I'm trying). I used to take around 130 g everyday for the couple of months.

Now, it's around 50-60g I think. I ain't counting now. Bit out of funds for protein and also can't eat too much because my Uric Acid is high. Doctor literally told me to eat less protein.

@followchristianity Thanks for the concern.

I did ask him after going through the internet. He just said, it's all the same. You body is unable to process protein, just eat less and keep the levels low. Also gave me some tablets which I haven't used yet.

Back