I don’t know wtf I’m doing

@joyfullyobey Don't just estimate your calories, you need to actually count them and write it all down. Measure your food to make sure you're getting a proper serving. If you're eating something that doesn't have a nutrition label, look it up on CalorieKing.com.

In addition to calories, you should also track your protein and fiber intake. Aim for 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight every day (so if you weigh 160 lbs, you should aim for 160 grams of protein per day).

Aim for 25-35 grams of fiber per day. If you have trouble getting enough fiber, I recommend Fiber One cereal. Yes, it's bland, but it has 14 grams of fiber per half-cup.

Try to drink at least 50 ounces of water per day. I have a water bottle that shows the ounces on the side of it, and I carry that around with me and take sips throughout the day.

For me, it really helps to plan my meals in advance. I don't use an app, I just record all my meals in an Excel spreadsheet, and I keep track of calories, protein, and fiber.

@irishamerican4christ Of course she should eat fruit and veggies as well, but it's hard to get the recommended amount of fiber from just fruits and veggies. If she's struggling with that, adding a serving of high-fiber cereal is an easy way to get more fiber.

@joyfullyobey So my routine is: 1500 cal goal

250 cal protein 2eggs and seaweed (I like them) 100 cal Fruit apples for me are super satiety and I love it

400 cal lunch is veggies raw or cooked with meat lean source. Beef fish shrimp chicken lamb etc anything lean

750 cal for evening. I split 200 if I need it 550 for dinner hopefully a lean one.

So I would be careful with rice and dinner rolls always hit the protein target first. Wheat thins etc sound fun but no. Eat protein.

@joyfullyobey Definitely follow the advice of others here about your protein intake, it can really help you feel more satisfied. As far as movement goes, I highly recommend checking out some YouTube workouts! They’re free, and you can try out whatever you like—strength, bodyweight, yoga, Pilates, etc. I don’t have a gym membership but I’ve been doing Caroline Girvan’s IRON series and it’s great. Others here recommend her too. And idk how the weather is near you, but running and walking outside is free! At least something to consider trying out when the weather gets warmer.

@joyfullyobey Careful with the carbohydrates, cereal rice rolls, salad with low oil dressing, it isn't going to make you full. The guy who lost weight eating Twinkies is crazy not because it's impossible, but that you'll be so so so hungry. The two things that make you feel full are fiber and protein. Fresh vegetables are good, but not actually all that rich in fiber so you need to eat a lot of them and always with a protein if you're expecting to be full. Beans and seeds and nuts are really great sources of fiber. People worry about the oil content but 100 kcal of pumpkin seeds will get you a lot farther than cereal. I promise if you replace the starch with vegetables and add legumes and seeds to get to the same calorie content, you will be very full at 1500 kcal. Carbohydrates are not evil or anything, they just get processed very quickly if not surrounded by plenty of fiber. That spikes your blood sugar, which causes fat storage. Then your blood sugar drops and you're fatter but still hungry lol.

@joyfullyobey I don’t count calories so this may be too much food but I think the main thing is to have some form of protein at each meal.
Breakfast: porridge and fruit with chia seeds or flaxseed or toast with hummus and vegetables on the go food tends to be a smoothie with different fruits and protein powder.
Lunch: salad with proteins (can be tuna, beans, chicken) or noodles/quinoa/cous cous etc with vegetables and protein.
Dinner: i eat basically anything which is probably my downfall but all dinners will have tons of vegetables, some protein and carbs.

I’m not a big snacker but protein bars, shakes and yogurt with fruit can be good options.