I don't understand S&S strength standards

@khohanguc Straight from the book:

The S&S challenge does not offer any breaks for bodyweight or age. This is not an athletic competition, so there is no need for fairness. The way I see it, if you get in a street fight, you will not have the luxury of stepping on a scale or showing your driver’s license.

@khohanguc I was being slightly tongue in cheek here- the whole programme is meant to be simple as in minimalist, not simple as in easy!

I'm a heavy boi at around 120kg- for you to complete the standard at 24kg it is roughly equal to me completing it at 44kg (something I would have to sink years of time into and something I don't really care about now that I can hit 32kg standard). This shows that you are pound for pound stronger than me, so does it really matter to anyone other than yourself that you don't meet an arbitrary standard?

@khohanguc I agree with you, a lot of marketing works around creating insecurity, I think Pavel knows that 32kg is a lot for most people. I think if you can do "simple" with 1/3 of your bodyweight that's pretty sick and if you could do 100 swings in 5 minutes with a 32kg you'd be (relative to your body weight). Pretty fucking beastly. Comparison is the thief of joy.

@chrissum was waiting for that comment lol. Bad look in front of who ? I'm not here to keep up appearance or LARP if I have a thought I'll discuss it without fear of being judged. Have a good day

@khohanguc The people you’re “discussing” with think it’s whiney, because there’s no discussion, just you whining and refusing to listen to another take.

@chrissum actually nobody said that just you lol. Looks like you havent read any comment beside yours. You're entitled to your opinion anyway, God bless you

@khohanguc I wouldn’t worry about 32s yet. If you did S&S with 24s, I’d say that’s an amazing achievement. I just got a 32 and there’s no way in hell I’m doing get ups with it anytime soon. Just double hand swings, a few singles, cleans and squats. This was the same way I started with the 24.

@khohanguc Cause he's from the Eastern block and everyone there, from the old baba next door to uncle Orest are absolute units.

I agree with you, just take it as hyperbole and a "shoot for the stars/land on a cloud" kind of thing. He was probably just dicking around trying to inspire readers to go "fuck ya commrade" and start working out.

I've seen small men and women whip a 32kg around like it's nothing so they are out there.

@khohanguc Simple IS a great feat of strength!! I feel like Pavel's book says that to me.

When I read the S&S book I feel like it's like, simple is for ultimate, dedicated bad asses who wanna be hella strong and well rounded physically in a relatively fast and efficient way. Don't worry about anything or anyone else, just work your form and power and be amazing.

Then: Sinister is for people who are a little psycho and wanna take things to the next level cuz they want to up their beast mode.

When I reach Simple Ima have a party fr.

@khohanguc I doubt Pavel will change his standard for you, but you probably won't run into him this week either. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't sweat it. Strangers on the internet may not give you meaningless props, but life will go on. Good luck on meeting your goal.