I made a map of over 100 outdoor gyms and pull up stations throughout the U.S.A. Help me add more

lisamac

The map includes any place I could find that had at least a pull up bar. However, some of these places are full blown gyms with stationary bikes, ellipticals, ladders for flags, and parallel bars as well. I hope ya’ll will find this as useful as I do.

If you live in New York City you can find your local outdoor gym here
If you live outside the USA, then I would refer you to the outdoor gym project being done by startbodyweight.com, which is where I also found some of the U.S. locations.

If you know of a place not on these maps, please leave a comment below with an address or google map link and short description of the available equipment. Alternatively, you can directly edit the map at startbodyweight.com

@lisamac Ohh yes, you're missing some gold for LA:
  • Bellevue recreation center is a park in silverlake at 826 Lucile Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90026. It has parallel bars, RINGS, pull up bars and stuff for kids. (You could see some of the equipment here)
  • "West Hollywood Park" at 626 N Robertson Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069 also has parallel bars, RINGS, pull up bars.
  • Pan pacific park at 7600 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA has pull up bars and silly machines and tons of stuff for kids.
  • Marsh Park in the Elysian Valley next to the LA river has MANY pull up bars of various heights (Addresses: Parking lot entrances at 2999 Rosanna St. and 2944 Gleneden St. Park is also accessed from L.A. River Bikeway and 2960 Marsh St.)
Some corrections:
  • Your listing of "Venice Beach Outdoor Gym" is ACTUALLY the "Original Muscle Beach" (aka "Santa Monica Rings") and it's not in Venice, but in Santa Monica. It has big/junio traveling rings, still rings, flying rings, pull up bars, parallel bars, 3-story climbing ropes and short climbing ropes for all adults and kids.
  • Your listing of "Muscle Beach" should read the "Venice Muscle Beach" and it says it's "the one and only"... but that's not true because santa monica one is the original muscle beach. And it has only a few pull up bars and parallel bars, just two sets of flying/still rings. (Really abysmal compared to OMB/Santa Monica)
Hope that helps.

@lisamac By the way, great job on the map! It's really awesome! Also, just a heads up, I know that "StrengthProject" (huge youtube channel) is reworking their workoutmaps.com website and it will probably have an app or something like that.

@fromgenesistorevelation Thanks. I saw the strength project site but since it isn't up and running yet and I'm sure they wouldn't be able to find all the tiny hidden away places, I thought, why not build my own map? Maybe I'll send them what I've made, and they can incorporate it into their map.

@lisamac There's a couple in Berkeley, CA.
  • One at Ohlone Park, 1701 Hearst Avenue. There's parallel bars and a couple pullup bars with weird ring-like things hanging from them. It's usually pretty crowded but it's well-maintained.
  • Another at Aquatic Park on the side closer to the freeway. The parallel bars are sort of hidden under a tree. They're a little rusty but totally usable. Nearby there's some really old and messed up pullup bars by the lake. You can use them safely, I think, but they do have a tendency to spin a little :/. On the plus side, these aren't very crowded.

@ariakerry Do you know any other places in DC that are useful? I just moved to Shaw and I'm tryna figure out how to avoid paying $100 a month for gym access...

@lisamac There is a new one in Tom Lee Park in Memphis, TN. Its sponsored by the Memphis Grizzlies basketball team and is called "temporary" but it looks pretty permanent in construction and was only supposed to last through Nov, but its now Dec and they are still managing it. We'll see if the city takes it over.
https://www.facebook.com/RiverFit

@lisamac
  • Charlie Daniels Park, Mount Juliet, TN. Pull up bar, lower bar for rows, and a medium-height one that could be used for dips for adults or pullups for kids. Also, a balance beam. ... and then the sandpit for volleyball, basketball court, huge kids playground, splash pad, and skate park.

@lisamac 39.955751,-75.037056

Pennsauken, NJ, next to the PYAA athletic fields.

Pullup bars, dip bars, monkey bars, ladder for flags, one of those situp platforms where you can do dragon flags (also can stick your feet under for GHR), some balance beams, etc. Badass little fairly secluded park. I train there several days a week.