If you can recall, what was the first workout you RX'd? How far along were you when this occurred?

sammypetter

I can recall mine quite vividly, as I felt like I had won the lottery and went home with the prom queen all rolled into one. I also know it well because I do it on my own for open gym on occasion and it's written on the dry erase board in my garage. I guess I am sentimental. I was just shy of 2 and a half months green that night:

It was a 5 RFT WOD:

8 KB Am. Swings (R+L) (53)

6 KB Cleans ea. (R+L)

4 KB Push Press ea. (R+L)

It was a 20 min cap, that first night I clocked in at 16:34

@sammypetter Not really sure because there are a few workouts you can Rx pretty much from the start (e.g. Cindy - I think the first time I did it I got something like 3 rounds).

But I do remember the first time I Rx'd DT. I'd done it 2 or 3 time before scaled and thought I'd never be able to do that at 155 lbs. It took me 33 minutes. Went well into the next class to finish, but they let me struggle through.

Recent time: 8 minutes.

In answer to the question: I started Rxing workouts regularly after 1-2 years. I started Rxing all of them after 4.

@sammypetter We always have some easier to RX ones mixed in so RXing was never a big deal to me just because whenever it’s an AMRAP you’d just get fewer rounds. Such as running and slam balls or something of the sort.

@dawn16 Karen was my first. Followed by an accidental murph. I rocked up early to my class by a full hour and was given the option to jump in about 3 minutes behind the starters - warm up on the run!

It was my best time completing Murph also by about 5 minutes at the time.