I'm still Chris Brown and this is my 2-year progress post about bodyweight training and life!

@ukubird Loved reading this Chris, thanks for writing it up. Great progress in every way man.

As an old dude who is 8 months or so into the RR and feeling slow to recover, can you recommend a basic 5 day split based on your experience? Not details, just, you know, the big picture. I'm kinda struggling with how to progress to a split while keeping it simple with BWF.

@getips I liked two push and two pull days. You could do legs separately or together or whatever. I don't know what your goals are.

Do one heavy day and one light day with more volume. Or all heavy as shit. You start to specialize a bit more after the RR

What's interesting is the fact that the RR is so damn good moving away from it is really hard because I was used to this pretty specialized program that would near guarantee results if I stuck to it. I've spent several weeks playing around with programming and seeing what works best for me and that's exactly what needs to happen when you get to a higher level. you need to learn how to force adaptations in your body and find out what works

@ukubird Dude, awesome. Thanks so much...I've read too much and just need a "do this" for a bit to sort it out. Thanks man! P.S. I had your lifestyle for a couple decades, enjoy that seasonal resort life brother!

@getips It's too damn good to give up. I have job offers for more money but they cut my vacation time from 5-6 months a year to one month. Not into that right now.

@ukubird I get it man, used to do 8 months of snow, 4 months of surf, for decades. Finally started looking for progression in other pursuits, and didn't find my permanent spot in a resort town. I could easily still be there though! Eat it up my friend, it's great shit. Things are good here near 50 too, but, my methods probably suck now.

@getips I'm incredibly happy and all my clients tell me to keep getting after it. My methods are awful haha. Always nice to hear from someone from the other side

@ukubird What a wild ride! I've had some wanderlust lately and this post did not help! Luckily I'm planning a trip to Thailand in the fall, any suggestions? Anyways, not much to add but congrats on all the hard work. I'm feeling a bit burnt out on aerial these days. Still training, but not as often. I just started doing more days of bodyweight stuff to cross train this week. I think I just need to focus on getting stronger and more flexible right now until my inspiration comes back.

@silas1325 Gotta take care of yourself. I train for me so I end up doing what I want to. Don't wanna lift heavy and wanna get bendy? Do that if it keeps you motivated! Do the opposite of that if that works too!

Lemme know when you lock in your Thailand trip and we can figure out what you want to do there. It's a massive beautiful and diverse country

@ukubird jealous of your life man, I remember reading your 1 year post this time last year and being motivated af. I'm mostly lifting atm but still doing fitting some bwf in, wanna finally nail a freestanding handstand this summer.

Have fun on Salkantay, it's a great trek, especially the jungle. Don't recommend doing what I did and getting parasites on the second day though haha. Would highly recommend sticking around in the sacred valley after if you have the time, love that place

@ukubird You are always inspiring man. What do you use to track your workouts? (I assume you do as you know how many you have done in 2 years). Also enjoy the hike!

@cyndee I think I'm at 190 or so workouts in the past two years. I started with and still use a super simple homemade calendar that hangs on my wall right next to my door. A few months back I thought it was stupid as shit that I wasn't actually tracking workouts with setxrep and weight counts so I grabbed a notebook and have been writing down everything since

@ukubird You sir, are a legend. A true lover and liver [sup][sup]pun![/sup][/sup] of life. Travelling the world outside while conquering the world within.

When you train, you get better at everything in life. You respect yourself more, you doubt yourself less, you laugh harder. Life becomes easier.

Yep, can confirm. Went from fighting life to embracing it.

If you can, may be write down all the stuff that you learnt and all the experiences that you found along the way, in a journal or something. Who knows, someday it might turn into a book. 😉

Thank you for the beautiful post. Live free and stay wild Mr Chris Brown.