Interested to know what splits you guys are running with atm

bogdanpnw

I’m currently running with upper lower and at the bottom end of dr Mikes MAV. Previously ran pplrppl over 7 days, that killed me off.

Went down to 5 days PPLUL and struggled a bit with that too after a longer period.

4 days seems to work well but I’m constantly overthinking whether the upper lower is right, current program has no shoulder press/front delt work… years ago I did a bit with a PT for 6 months. That program was PPL x 1 and then a shoulders and arms day… considering going back to that when I go back to bulking but No doubt I’ll overthink that after a couple months

@mike331 I too run pplrppr, 5 days, 2 days off hitting legs once a week. Can i please know are you finding this split for you? Ive been running it for a minute now and might switch to a bro split since it has more recovery time and i just focus on one muscle group and hammer it out. Your thoughts will be really appreciated since you're a competitor and know much more than me.

I hit 3 chest, 1 side delt, 1 tri on push 1

3 back, 1 rear delt, 2 bi on pull 1

3 quads, 2 ham, 1 calf legs 1

2 chest, 2 shoulders, 2 tri push 2

3 back, 1 rear delt, 2 bi pull 2.

@ange_redrobin This is the exact split I’m running right now and it’s most definitely my favorite split I’ve ever ran. I can get sufficient volume for all muscle groups, good recovery, and that last weak point/arms day has helped to bring up lagging parts.

@slurpeespops I keep the movements mostly the same. As with any muscle, the key to growing weak points is progressive overload and increasing the stimulus applied. It’s a lot easier to do and track this when your are keeping your movements consistent.