Interested to know what splits you guys are running with atm

@drkvg How long have you been running the bro split? Have you tried ppl and how it compares?

Ive been running a ppl for a while now but i feel like sometimes im not giving particular muscles the attention it deserves since its combined with other muscle groups. Thinking of switching to a bro split and just hammer out one muscle group per week. Do you find that 1 week rest between each muscle group is fine?

@arctangent I’ve been running it for about 5 month now and I’m still making gains steadily. Before that I ran PPL, but because of a change in my schedule I switched. I gotta say that it does feel really good to just hammer one muscle group per day and get a huge pump. I feel like 1 week recovery really helps with feeling fresh and it’s also enough time to heal little tweaks and injuries that might happen.

@arctangent Honestly I can’t say yet if the gains are any better or worse. Though my arms grew more since they get more volume now! If you can make both work schedule wise, I’d recommend that you try them out and see what you like better.

@arctangent If you're fast at recovery (likely more slow twitch dominant) , you should utilize one of the standard high frequency splits whether it be a FB/UL PPL or make a custom one tailored to your needs.

If you train chest on friday and you're healed up by sunday, it doesn't really make a lot of sense for you to be on a bro split.

I did chest on THURSDAY very early morning, (now it's 5pm sat) 10 sets all to failure, my chest might be fully recovered by monday morning (tuesday night is shoulder/biceps for me).

@bogdanpnw 4 day ppl, cycling one of those 2x a week.

As a natural, i deload every couple months. If i did ppl 6x a week i would have to deload every 4 weeks 😂

So its push, pull, legs, push
Pull, legs, push, pull
Legs, push, pull, legs
And so on and so so

@suupertrump I have a really similar set up where i run pplrppr. How many exercises or sets do you do for each and how have you been liking it? Thinking of switching to a bro split to focus more on one muscle group. Mine goes as follows:

Push 1: 3 chest exercises (all 3 sets), 4 sets side delt, 3 sets tri

Pull: 3 back, 1 rear delt, 2 bi

Legs: 3 quads, 2 ham, 1-2 calves

Push 2: 2 chest, 2 shoulders, 2 tri

Pull 2: same as pull 1

@arctangent Number of sets per exercise 1-3.

Push: 2 Chest 2 Shoulders 2 Triceps

Pull: 3 Lats 3 Upper Back 1 Rear Delts 1 Biceps

Legs: 3 Quads 2 Hamstrings 1 Adductors 1 Calves

Push: 2 Shoulders 2 Chest 2 Triceps

Last Day: 2 Lats 2 Upper Back 1 Hamstrings 2 Biceps 1 Calves