Is 3 hours in the gym too much?

@asdtmr12 I've been doing the arnold splits for the past 3 years. At first, I was taking about 2 and a half hours to get through the larger volume days like shoulders and arms, plus I would always add 30 min of cycling to it. If you are truly sticking to the rest time listed in the split, then you should be able to complete even the longer days within an hour and a half. Its difficult but doable, you just have to work your way up to it in order to complete it in a reasonable time frame.

I wouldn't worry about taking 3 hours, as long as you actually have the time to commit to it. If you can get all of the volume in during that time, then keep at it until you can bring your rest times down. If you can't then i'd suggest cutting out 1/4th of the volume in the workouts and adding the rest in when you are ready. Either way, unless you are an advanced lifter, its a difficult program to jump right into and follow to the letter.

@asdtmr12 Don’t listen to them. Go as hard as you can, eat as much as you can, sleep as much as you can. And you will make better progress and be healthier…