Is 500/month a general cost for a fitness and health coach?

@babychristian10 If you can comfortably afford it without dipping too much into things like saving and living expenses sure I guess, if just for the experience and the helping hand. Without knowing just how good this guy is I think it’s honestly hard to say.

@babychristian10 No I didn't read the comments but absolutely Not

Do not engage with that person, do not send them any money.

Get involved in a group here or on facebook for an accountability partner to begin with and explore reasonable, affordable options.

@babychristian10 If you share the person’s name you might get more insight

500 can be a legit online coach with high demand, but it can also be a grifter buying followers, with good genetics, that knows how to sell.

Most personal trainers at big box gyms are beginners with limited experience and knowledge. They are effective for support and keeping you accountable to show up.

If you can afford it and won’t start unless you pay someone, it’ll be an invaluable investment or an expensive lesson.

Wow, I didn't know there was forums on reddit where I could post my workouts and recieve feedback on better form. I really appreciate everyone's responses it's been very helpful. I'll be utilizing some of the links shared and just joining some yoga and other classes in my area. :) yall saved me $1500. This is why I love reddit.

@babychristian10 Unless you're paying for a celebrity training coach don't even bother. Save yourself time by asking GTP to make a workout program for the week and just have it randomize it weekly. Be sure to include your goal of either gaining strength, toning, or losing weight.

@unname28 Instead of asking chatGPT, they should use a proven program (plenty can be found on the r/fitness wiki).

Also, there's no such thing as toning, so if you're putting that input into GPT, you're already gonna get garbage back.

@unname28
by asking GTP to make a workout program for the week and just have it randomize it weekly.

This is a bad idea, chat GPT tends to make poor programs and randomising it is silly because consistency and progression are critical to getting results, how can you guarantee progression if things change week to week?

As the other commenter said, following a proven program is a much better option