Is Athlene’s Active Whey Protein the best budget protein powder locally?

@jackspec I really want to give athlene a shot but the fact that it's ~50% cheaper than more well known brands just deters me away from it. I don't understand the argument that it's cheaper just because it's locally made, that really doesn't make sense.

I know that people swear by it, but its price just can't convince me. Idc that it's FDA approved - Prothin is FDA approved too, and that's amino spiked all the way to hell.

So I'm sticking to Rule 1. I can't ever see myself buying any other brand.

@goldtruth I understand where you’re coming from, every time I think too hard on where my whey protein comes from I think about the Mass monsters from the 90s and the protein powder they took 😂 whatever we’re getting now is way better and easily accessible than what those guys had and they probably tasted like cardboard, after all it’s just an additional 50g of protein out of your 150-180g

@goldtruth Those are not facts. Rumors lang yan, ang sabi pa ng iba e r1 is made by PREVIOUS owners ng rule 1. If you have some proof, show it. And kahit fact yan panget naman gamitin as fact like, yung musclepharm legit naman yung whey kaso yung nilabas nilang latest na arnold line(combat whey) is amino spiked. Not hating on rule 1 pero sa athlene kita mo naman amino profile like rule 1 bago mo pa bilin.

@jackspec Same. R1 user din ako pero medyo tight sa budget kaya lumipat ako sa athlene since marami akong nakikitang good reviews sakanya. Although di pa nadedeliver yung order ko kaya di ko pa nattry.

@zpupster Hello! Any updates regarding the switch? I had a really good experience with rule1 but im trying to find another brand since im suspecting that r1 causes my breakouts.

@jackspec I shamefully admit to switching from athlene to a1 and prothin, the last batch I got from Athlene gave me the itches which means either too much sugar or I'm sensitive to one of their ingredients and my pee became darker and smelt funny.

So far A1 Isolate is fine, I don't get diarrhea or pee problems. Prothin is so so, but nothing major for me except it doesn't mix very well even with a high end shaker cup.

Rule 1 and ON used to be my go-to whey products until they gave me the itches too, switched to Musashi when I had the chance but the pandemic happened so I ended up with Athlene and Wheyl, both were good until said side effects made it unbearable.