Is there anything wrong with going on a hike (like 4-8 miles; approx. 1-2 hours) on the day after leg day?

abugah

I've been going on hikes on the day after leg day and I haven't had any problems as of yet, but I've been told by quite a few lifter friends of mine that they would advise against doing this. Am I working out my legs incorrectly?

@abugah are you too sore to hike or does the hike seem to impair your recovery til the next leg day, or are you not eating enough for your goals and the hike makes it harder? if no to all of these ur fine

@mommajulesberry It really hasn't affected any of these things, so i think I'll continue these hikes. I'm trying to lose 50 pounds so I'm trying to lift and do cardio and these hikes have been a good change of pace to the lifting.

@abugah There's nothing wrong with that. Actually that's not even very far. I'm sure someone out there is doing leg day, and tomorrow because he's trying to workout yet doesn't have a car, he's still about to walk to wallmart 1hr away and 1hr back.

@xerokitsune It hasn't affected my soreness or my legs in anyway from what I can tell and it's helping me lose weight so I didn't understand why I was getting told these hikes were bad.

@abugah I just wanted to answer your question. But, in honesty it's likely beneficial to gains to keep working out even if you're sore or not sore with already an alright workout. I read was something one time about it's after 4 days you notice a decrease in strength from not working out, I would give it no longer than 3 days to work the same muscle again. If you really think about it, you'd have to work each muscle group twice per week, and 4 days straight at least on all muscle groups just to even say you're not missing out on anything, and 5 days actually if you were actually serious about that idea of gaining wanting to gain. And what would be the point of getting muscle and strength if not for absolutely using any opportunity to use it.