Just Finished First 5-day, Full-body Training. Here are some thoughts and the routine I followed

@burning___bush This is a terrible training program based solely on the volume. Each muscle is significantly overtrained. This is going to kill any potential gains and put you at risk of injury.

If you’re doing a 5x per week full body workout, you should be doing 2-4 sets maximum per muscle per workout. Pretty much anything over 20 sets per week is going to overload your recovery capacity and possibly lead to muscle loss.

Certain muscles, such as the pectorals, are particularly sensitive to overtraining. 12-15 sets per week seems to be the sweet spot with the upper limit being around 18 sets per week.

I’m currently on a 3x a week plan I made up(I’m pretty much limited to body weight, dumbbells, and an incline bench).

I’m using the Gymaholic app to track my workouts. It keeps track of the muscle groups you exercise, making it easier to spot overtraining. It’s crap without the premium subscription, but its fantastic for logging your workouts and helping you keep track of what set you’re on. So much better than a spreadsheet.