Just for fun: what’s everyone’s favorite fitness/health “fact” that’s been debunked?

There is all sorts of influencers and stuff that share all these “facts” on health and fitness. I am curious as to what everyone’s like favorite one that’s been debunked but you still see everyone.

Mine has to be anything that has to do with people that will talk about how the toxins in stuff will make you sick but fail to mention the crazy levels of exposure that would be needed for it to have an impact. Corn Syrup in the 90’s - 00’s. Diet Coke, Microwaves, phones, earbuds, etc. The list could go on and on

Also top of the list anyone who believes anything FlavCity, if you know you know, says on Instagram. Or anyone pedaling the same stuff. The walking through Costco trying to tell you it’s all garbage and your only choice is to buy his stuff

@notaperfectchristian That my body is accustomed to high carb diet because that’s the food it is used to since I was born (south Asian food). And that… wait for it… High protein diet isn’t going to work for me because it’s going to be too much to handle for my body.

All a lie, proved within 3 weeks of increasing my protein intake.

@notaperfectchristian I still remember back while growing up in the 70s-80s that swallowed gum would stay in your stomach for 5-7 years.

Heck as a kid, I was like "then why don't overweight people just swallow a bunch of gum everyday to fill their stomachs and not overeat."

@kooper There’s a pill called Plenity that basically just fills your stomach with cellulose.

Honestly I want a spray to temporarily kill my tastebuds. When I had COVID and couldn’t taste for a couple weeks it was really easy not to make bad decisions because I couldn’t taste those decisions.

@johnscalera Long COVID caused me to escape my multi-year weight loss plateau because everything tasted like metal for months.

Unfortunately my body decided to consume my glutes as nourishment first. I went from having a pair of propane tanks back there to looking like a guy who sells propane and propane accessories, I tell you what.

@ninjapenguin Cellulose is in most whole food especially celery. It’s pretty safe as far as medical weight interventions. I’d almost classify it as a “supplement” more than a pharmaceutical.

@notaperfectchristian This is an awfully broad "one" but, in general, anything that claims one specific food (or type of food) is responsible for or the solution to all your problems makes me happy when it goes away.

At various points in my life eggs, pasta, red meat, margarine (probably others) have swapped from being Best Thing Ever to something you must Avoid at All Costs and it was both silly and tedious.