Just ran 2.73km without stopping in 16 minutes, I’m so proud of myself!

jimoski

I know it’s a very specific distance but it is the length of my neighbourhood, I’ve been doing this same route on and off (mostly off) for 2 years.

I have never got past the 0.5km mark without stopping and I have never ran for more than a week without giving up.

This time I read about shin splints and proper running form and I just finished my route without stopping. As I could see my house approaching I smiled the most I have in years, I know it isn’t much but I’m so proud of myself :)

@janellhanery I can somewhat relate. For me it's just the fact that I'm out in the open, and people can see me. I don't have the best stature I.e am overweight, so I'm kinda shy to actually go out running.

I know it's stupid but yeah

@dandydandelion Hey it isn’t stupid at all, all I can say is that any decent person will see you and think that person is bettering themselves, anyone who judges you is a douche and not worth worrying about! Coming from a guy who is over weight (less so than I was last week) I literally run with a huge smile on my face now because I listen to my favourite music and just get lost in the music and the goals I have for myself, all the best :)

@jimoski Thanks for being understanding, that comment really gave me motivation. Considering I haven't been running at all, I think that's something I'm gonna pick up from now on

:)