Kettlebells and longevity

@juancarlos If I have learned one thing that I wish I had known when starting out training that would have had an impact on my quality of life down the road, it is this:

Unless your job requires it, never train for size. Train for strength. With size comes weight. With weight comes constant stress on the joints of the lower body. You can get strong without getting big.

@dawn16 Dan John has written that as we get older, the more we should work on hypertrophy to overcome the natural increase in muscle atrophy. But indeed if you are very successful in growing your muscle mass, then yes, it will have its negatives.

@juancarlos Speaking of longevity that is my major Focus and if people wanted to get into competition then using kettlebell sport for that but back to longevity I used to write a couple articles for Onnit and one of their most shared through Facebook articles was one I wrote about prep for strength and how did not fuck up your shoulders

@rabbie77 Link us to that shiz bruh I am new to any structured KB routine but right now it's the only equipment I own in a new house so I'm doing a ton of work with mine.

I have had both shoulders surgically repaired and I'd love to better understand if the equipment is good or bad for me.

Back