L Sits are getting hard as F

@coelohim Piggybacking on this post:

Would doing band assisted L-sits be useful at all as a progression, or should I stick with the recommended tuck l-sit?

I am thinking of hanging a light band around a pullup bar around my feet to have some support there to ease into a full L-sit.

Tuck L-sits, Tuck L-sit pullups, toe to bars, leg raises, whatever is better than wasting time with a band. Situps would be better than wasting time with Band assisted L-sits. Bands are okay for tuck planche work at first, but for anything else they just confuse the muscle patterns.

@dawn16 really?? aesthetics aside, I've always read on here that pointing your toes is better for compression. I'm genuinely curious.

Also, it seems like an L/V-sit is just a demonstration of your existing flexibility. No one is actually getting more flexible during the execution.

@shesadreamer Try it out. Sit on the floor and lift/compress one leg as high as you can. Try that with toes pointed and then with foot (dorsi)flexed and compare. Compression with dorsiflexion lengthens the calf and hamstring, making you work harder against them to get the same compression. You'd be surprised how much it can help your flexibility.
As a side point, the same action makes pike stretches more effective. This is why in yogic disciplines, you generally strive for dorsiflexion in anything involving spinal flexion. Yeeee

Back