Ladies, pano ba maovercome yuny shyness sa gym

labbish

Hello, 6 months na ako sa gym , i did a few sesh with an AF coach when i started after nun, i joined GX class hitt and zumba classes na lang..Ok naman progress ko so far lost 25 pounds agad.

2 months ago I signed up with an online fitness coach para mas toned sana.. most kasi need ng barbells and dumbells... sa area kung saan mostly puro lalake. Lalo na gym time is around 6-7 after office hrs. alam ko busy hour tlaga.

Medyo nahihiya ako.. so i bought adjustable weights and some dumbels sa bahay na lang para lang macomplete ko yung workout...

Counter productive lang. Pano ba to maovercome?

@labbish People in the gym literally don’t care what you do sa routine mo, mas busy sila sa sarili nilang workouts. Also, isipin mo sayang membership mo. It’s all in your head. If possible go ka nang konti tao until masanay ka but again, no one cares. Just do your thing, return the equipment, wipe down everything you touch before and after your exercise and you’re good to go

@labbish headset habang nagwowork out. no one will go put of their way din naman to mind other people's business when at the gym. at most, baka yung gym staff lang lalapit sayo to correct your form or make a bit of small talk in an effort to make you more comfortable with the gym. pero as a isang taon nang gym girlie sa AF, I've learned to take up space since I paid for it.

@labbish Eto yung mga ginawa ko dati:
1. Laging may headset. Mas hindi ko pansin yung mga tao sa paligid pag ganon.
2. I wore cute gym fits kasi nakakaboost ng confidence kahit papano.
3. I researched the correct forms ng mga workout ko. Para din maiwasan ko yung pakiramdam na may nagju-judge sakin.
4. Same time ako lagi pumupunta para same people lang din nakakasabay ko halos.
5. I focused lang sa goals ko and pushed myself to hit each rep kahit sobrang hirap na ako.
6. Tinatak ko sa utak ko na each person there is also doing item 5 here and wala sila pakialam sakin.

Honestly, ang nice ng mga tao sa gym. Usually nagaapproach lang sila pag makikisabay sa equipment, itatama form ko, bibigyan ako ng tips, or magtatanong lang san nabili suot ko/ano meal plan ko. Sana nakatulong, OP. Galingan mo lagi 😊

@labbish headset habang nagwowork out. no one will go put of their way din naman to mind other people's business when at the gym. at most, baka yung gym staff lang lalapit sayo to correct your form or make a bit of small talk in an effort to make you more comfortable with the gym. pero as a isang taon nang gym girlie sa AF, I've learned to take up space since I paid for it.

@labbish when i get anxiety over this - isipin mo lang na kung gaano ka ka-conscious/ aware ka sa sarili mo, ganun din ka-consumed ung mga tao in their own exercises to even notice what you're doing. i-analyze mo rin, fleeting seconds lang ung attention natin sa ibang tao, diba? same lang din sila with you. sanayan lang talaga. u got this!

@labbish Conscious din ako dati lalo na if maraming tao. I feel like everyone's staring at me and judging my form. I was never the athletic type ever since and that is one of my insecurities. When I started progressing sa mga lifts ko, hindi pa rin nawawala yung anxiousness.

One time, I was doing heavy sets of bench press, I got stuck under the bar. I wasn't able to lift it. There are a lot of people in the weight room. No one even thought of helping me lol. So I just did the roll of shame haha ( rolling the bar to the quads and then standing straight up). Dun ko narealize na no one gives a care about you sa gym hahaha. From there, nawala na yung shyness and anxiousness kasi wala naman palang may pake sa akin hahaha kaya tuloy lang ang buhat kahit sa tingin ko ay mukha na akong tanga.

Btw, I also lift sa anytime fitness haha

@labbish Gym culture is actually pretty nice if you're in a decent gym. Nobody will bother you and halos lahat nagpapakiramdaman when doing their thing.

Nobody is judging. If anything, gym goers will be the most understanding people kasi everybody was once a beginner just like you.

I suggest overcoming your shyness by immersing yourself more sa gym. Don't be afraid to engage and converse with people (or pwede rin hindi).

You'll thank yourself kasi you won't just make gains, but also potentially ease up your social anxiety. It's a win-win

@labbish 6 months into the gym and you're still shy? people there won't even bother you to be honest. Just go do your thing. I always wear earbuds listen to some audio book or play spotify. If you're still not comfortable, go there late 8-9pm onwards

@labbish You can have a gym buddy. May friend ako na shy kapag wala kami pero if kasama niya kami, as if kaming tatlo lang nasa gym.

Pero generally, just be an unbothered queen. Puro lalaki lang kasama ko kanina sa gym and they all have their own worlds kaya g lang.

@labbish Usually nasa isip ng mga yan ano next set nila, how many reps, wala na time yan para pansinin mga tao sa gym. Nakaka-conscious at first pero remember lahat ng nasa gym nag daan dyan. You’ll get used to it. Good luck!

@labbish Honestly, very cliche and sounds like walang effort pero, just do your thing. Everyone minds their own business sa gym most of the time.

Gym bros in my gym are more focused on counting their reps and checking their form. The only time they bother you is to ask if you're done with your set or if it's fine to share the space. They're more likely to help you pa para tama ang form mo.

@labbish Wear all black, helps you become more confident. Put headphones on while lifting. Helps with distraction na minsan leads to intrusive thoughts about shyness. I do a 10 minute semi intense cardio bago mag lift dati, helps me mawala shyness for some reason.

@labbish Took me months also to overcome that "hiya" and take up space sa gym. Think abt it this way, everyone's paying just like you are and everyone's too busy w their own workout. Observe proper courtesy lang, rerack, clean as you go, and you'll be fine ☺️