Low-Impact exercises that aren't boring AF?

@jsmithcavs Yep, there are articles about spin instructors noticing hearing loss.

I'm probably getting downvoted because if what I said doesn't sound falsely solicitous, it sounds judgmental. I didn't know how to make that point sound any nicer.

@ejc420 Have you ever looked at fitness blender? They have plenty of low impact videos or modifications for low impact versions of the exercises! Their routines switch things up so you’re never bored!

@northwye I second that! Fitness Blender on YouTube is fantastic for at-home workouts from beginner easy to insanely difficult. They are all I use.

@ejc420 I broke my foot last fall and turned to swimming to keep myself active. You can switch up the strokes, change pace, etc. I spent a lot of time treading water in “pyramid sets” instead of just swimming the lanes as well.

@christopher30 Swimming is the best. If you are in the US, there is a USA masters swimming organization (USMS) that I would highly recommend. Cities usually have workout groups (both coached and un-coached) but the blogs provide workouts for all skill levels that are new each week. Saves me the tedium of repeating the same thing over and over again (and helps me personally with motivation - if someone else wrote it down, I have to do it)

@christopher30 Yes! I've been in OT/PT for about two years and was coming to a point in my strength PT where I thought I could literally drop dead from boredom. I just transitioned into aquatic therapy and it's making a huge difference for me, physically and mentally. Swimming physically kicks your ass, but there's also something so soothing and therapeutic about it!

@christopher30 Yes! Especially since OP likes the challenge and exertion of running, swimming would be a natural transition. It's mentally and physically challenging in a very unusual way, for us land-locked folks.

Back