Significant muscle loss after implementing low impact cardio

@basabeo You list a very structured approach to your training, but how you gauge your progress is trough a "body scan" wtf bruh, do measurements of your (neck, shoulders, chest, biceps, mid section, hips, ass, thigh and calves) + photos and calipers. I use this method: https://scoobyswork.shop/body-fat-calculator/

What method you use for calliper's doesn't really matter, even if the data is incorrect, it will be consistently incorrect meaning you can track it.

I have a reminder on my reminders app every 2nd week to do this, and i write the shit down in notes, what applications you use doens't really matter as long as you record it, so every 2-4 weeks you compare data, and adapt and iterate. That said, there can be plenty of causes for your "muscle loss", the most likely culprit here is bad data..

@basabeo Cardio didn't kill your gains. Your calorie deficit did. If you actually did legitimately lose weight. There is some day to day fluctuation in weight. You say you were 78-78.5kg. Now you are 77kg. Do you do 7-day averages? Are you sure you even lost 1-1.5kg and it wasn't just water weight, poop, food volume, etc.?

If you are going to burn more calories than you take in because of your cardio then you need to eat more calories.

@basabeo Tbf to the OP, 6kph at a 22% incline could well see him at 80+% HR for half an hour, so it's not exactly a "stroll". It's more akin to clipping along for a reasonably quick 5k run.

...but that's also probably not enough to cause muscle loss either. And yeah, the scans are junk,

@basabeo So you're eating at maintenance, added 30 mins of cardio and are losing weight and you're surprised your strength is decreasing and you think it's all muscle loss? How do these people claim 5 years of experience with experiences like this?