Low Impact Workouts From Home?

bzrain59

Recently I’ve (f23 5’3”/63cm 202lbs) been wanting to work out. Growing up I was always TINY. 120lbs soaking wet. I was a runner in school track and cross country. And when I had my first child I gained 40 lbs and HATED myself. That’s when my body dysmorphia began. I would count calories and skip meals. I’d tell people “no thanks I already ate cause I couldn’t wait” at gatherings and looking back at photos I hate myself even more now at my current weight because I’d k!ll for that body back. But then I had my second child and between depression from COVID era and pregnancy and a HORRIBLE relationship I gained 40 more lbs and then using birth control another 40 lbs and was 240lbs at my heaviest. I had some health issues that lead to a hysterectomy and not being on birth control anymore I’ve lost 38lbs but now I feel like I’m at a stand still. Which sucks because I’m calorie counting and food restricting and I’ve been walking 2.25 miles through sandy hills at my local state park almost every day. Then about 2 weeks ago I got into a pretty bad wreck. I messed my knee up pretty bad and weight bearing is not the vibe atm. But I still very much hate the way my body looks and want to do something about it. Nothing’s gonna change if I change nothing. So I need some low impact workouts I can do from home cause I don’t have a gym membership and don’t really want to get one til I’m able to really use the gym that will help towards my weight loss goals.

TL;DR Knee got injured, don’t have gym membership, want to lose weight, need low impact workouts I can do from home

@bzrain59 I do low impact Pilates for 30-40 minute 3x a week and low weight lifting for 30-40 minutes 3x a week. I follow workout tutorials and I also play tennis and eat a healthy diet plus get 10-20k steps a day

@bzrain59 I love recommending the Leslie Sansone walking videos on YT. I also discovered Jessica Smith walking on there as well. Total game changer. I used to run years ago and blew out my knees. I still walk outside a lot with my dogs but these videos made the real difference.

Back