Most affordable good protein powder ?

hungphatads123

It seems very expensive to buy protein powder when like 29 servings are for ₹3100+ and I would need two such containers for monthly needs as 0.8 gram/kg = to me needing at least 52 grams of protein as I’m 65kg

I’m also a college student so wouldn’t wanna put too much money pressure on my parents and as it’s a Hindu household getting protein from natural sources is very very hard

@hungphatads123 Which brands are you looking at bro? There are good affordable brands like Asitis Atom, Nakpro, Muscle Nectar, which provide 1kg whey (26 - 28 servings) between ₹1600(if you can get on a sale/discount code) - ₹2000.

Secondly, you can also look into skimmed milk powder considering you are not lactose intolerant. Still even that would cost you ₹1500 - ₹1600 per month. But it is good 35 grams protein in 100 grams serving.

Lastly, understand that you do not need to get all of your protein from complete protein sources, just 60-70% of protein from complete sources is enough. Rest can be filled with dal, roti rice chane sprouts etc.

And if you really cannot afford protein then simply have what you can afford for now and work on your training extra hard. Soon enough you will be earning then you can afford it easily.

I hope this helps.

@hungphatads123 You can get 52 grams of protein from daily food itself.

Roti has 4 grams of protein.
Add some dal and rice.
Maybe paneer / soya chunks.

Better if you are non veg, eggs and meat are so high in protein.

@hungphatads123 Don’t cheap out on Protein Powders. If you can’t afford quality ones, better not buy them. Cheap ones can do you more harm than good. Eggs are your friend. Cheapest and highest quality of protein. Relay heavily on eggs for now.

@levi6212 I’ve been mixing 1 scoop nakpro malai kulfi with 1 scoop nakpro unflavoured for my protein intake. Fun fact: the unflavoured one is usually cheaper and has more gms of protein per serving than the flavoured ones. (I use whey isolate so unflavoured= 90g/100g and flavoured= 81g/100gm). I also usually mix it coz I find the malai kulfi a bit too sweet for my taste (absolutely love the flavour tho).

Has been working like a charm!

Back