Most important non-gym habits?

@yeswin Look into nutrition macros and make sure you hit your protein amount while staying within the allotment of calories. I’d also add more gym/exercise days.

@yeswin Diet and sleep like everyone else said.

And then 10000 steps a day. Walking is so underrated, but it makes a huge difference and honestly helps the other two.

@yeswin If you're like me and lazy about cooking. My work meals are the same 5 days a week. Chicken rice for breakfast and lunch, mango Greek yogurt and creatine smoothie pre breakfast, and a protein shake before lunch. Dinner is whatever the family decides on.

@yeswin Nothing really changed for me when I started working out until at about three months ago. I started eating a huge salad for lunch every day with a handful of protein and gradually worked my way up to protein smoothies for breakfast, salad lunch and a wild card for dinner.

I am 7 pounds down and counting (also see a lot more muscle definition) and this was in a span of three months. I also drink water during the day and have the occasional ice cream, cookie, or fries, but I really limit all of that to the weekend.

Good luck for you. I know that once I committed to the nutrition, all my hard work started paying off

@yeswin I'd say cutting back on added sugars would be a good choice as a new habit. Cut out ice cream and candy as a dessert. Pick the lower sugar options for any foods/ingredients. Cut out sodas and bring in carbonated waters.

Back