My ab journey (with pictures)

@dawn16 how do you go about eliminating sugar when nearly everything has it? do you stop eating it completely or limit it? genuinely interested because I know my pooch is from sugar :-(

@wisaak It’s not going to be 100% eliminated and I wouldn’t stress too much about it. I did stress a ton when I started because I’m such a chronic label reader from doing keto before. Everything has some carbs. There are people who have access to better high quality meats via local butchers or even being able to hunt things like venison for them selves. But those are the lucky ones. If you’re buying from a grocery store and you don’t want to give up things like bacon or dairy you’re gonna end up with some carbs. But that’s not gonna be that big of a deal. You’re gonna be doing yourself a huge favor even just getting that far.

Anyways, here’s a little food pyramid you can peek at and see what you could start with.
Also check out r/zerocarb if you haven’t already.

@dxblorna The only time I significantly lose weight is high protein low carb. Even if I'm in the same calorie range, higher carbs mean much slower if not non-existant weight loss for me.

@dxblorna Riiiightttt??
I used to have to diet and work out so hard to lose 10 lbs and it would take 6months+. Now I just IF,OMAD,carnivore most days of the week and it drops off like nothing in a matter of a few weeks.

@dawn16 I eat a pretty high protein high fat diet too. I am almost scared of carbs and steer pretty clear of fruit too. I have no belly fat as of now, but if I gain fat it starts there.

@michaelreece Do you work out or move around a lot or are you pretty sedentary ? Are you stressed out ? I found when I’m super stressed the lbs won’t drop especially if I’m also stressing about my weight. I also do ab workouts mostly from home and just on the floor or on the bed when I’m resting and watching tv. I also found that doing work outs that target the butt have made a difference in my stomach fat too. I have an active job and walk a lot for my cardio.

@dawn16 I am super active. My job essentially has me lifting 40 to 68lb for 8 hours per day. I go on walks on my days off. I have a pretty awesome life so it is definitely not stress. I think it is just unfortunate genetics since my sister and the women on my dads side have the same issue. Petite frame and unfortunate fat distribution.

@gwwhaley Thanks so much! In the beginning, I could only do proper Russian twists with a 6 lb ball and 1 min planks. However, I slowly got stronger and was amazed that I could even do 40 Russian twists with a 10 lb ball!

If I'm running short on time, I usually decrease the number of reps for the first few moves. HOWEVER, don't skip out on the planks! They are a godsend haha it has really developed my biceps as well :)

@sinbad2014 So happy to see a post showing that you just need to do more ab work outs along with diet. Everyone says abs are made in the kitchen ,in part I see that yes you need a lower body fat percentage to get them to show and be more defined, but it’s not everything and it’s not just about dieting your belly fat away. You need to work those abs and it will make the progress that much better,faster and stronger.

You look awesome !! I am a good 10 lbs heavier then you but I’ve been doing ab work outs since last November and mine are visible despite my weight.

@dawn16 Oh I know what you mean. I used to get discouraged from ever getting abs because I thought that it was all dependent on my diet (I love carbs and fruit!) but a big part of it is engaging in dedicated ab workouts!