My first DEXA scan results with photos! [28F/5'2''/108 lbs/27.3% body fat]

@amydoodles Oh wow, that's amazing! My calves are my trouble spots at the moment, 13.5 inches left and 14 inches right... I feel like it's impossible to trim off the fat there! But if you can do it, I can probably do it too, somehow. Thanks!

@ademide To be honest I've always had thin calves. I actually wish mine were less thin because it's near impossible to find boots that fit me...they all sag.

@amydoodles Wow, I can't believe you're 27%. I would've pegged you in the low 20s (20-22). It fascinates me how different the same bodyfat % looks on different people. 27% is usually pretty overfat.

@amydoodles Wow, that's a pretty big difference between the hydrostatic weighing and the DEXA. Did they tell you any reasons why they might have been diferent?

@ysman Oh I don't think it can be compared, I just mentioned it since I had an experience with it. I was only 15 when I did the hydrostatic weighing and now I'm 28.

@katenwill DEXA has a 5% individual margin of error. Even if it is accurate it's not impossible. I have a close friend that feels like she's made of skin, bone, and Jell-o. It's pure squish under her skin even when she's slim.

@designcitygirl I don't think one even has to feel like Jell-o to get 27% body fat (I can assure you that I don't!). I think that 27% is not actually that high (according to the reading its 20-40th percentile).

@thedwarf Yeah it is a bit scary but I think for most of us it should be sufficient to exercise regularly, eat healthy, and get regular physicals (which give you glucose readings).

@amydoodles Will you please do me a favor and see what body fat percentage this calculator gives you? I have found all of the calculators I've tried to be total shit, except this one, which gives a realistic range for me. Just wondering if it's anywhere close to realistic!

@amydoodles thank you for sharing. i agree with the sentiment in this thread... you don't appear as someone i would consider to be 27% body fat. regardless of the number, you do look great. added muscle will just add to your attractiveness!

Back