Nike Romaleos 2 v Adidas Adipower Weightlifting

masterp48hd

i know there is a lot of back and forth - wanted to get you guys opinion/preference. are those out there who tried both? i know the adidas run narrow, thinking of picking some up. i'm leaning towards adidas though...

@masterp48hd Outstanding timing. Bought the Adipowers today after going back to back with the Nikes. The shop even had a broomstick they let me borrow.

May I ask how many American freedom units they cost there?

I paid 275 Australian dollareedoos.

@dawn16 I think you should start consulting for central banks and treasuries. I will go into F/x training if I can start referring to currencies in terms of dollareedoos and american freedom units. Kudos, good Sir.

Edit: adding word

@dawn16 This is all you can do to be sure. Ordered both and did some snatches with a broom stick. Knew right away romaleos were a better fit for me.

Size reference:
10 in adipower
9.5 in Nike metcon
9.5 in nano
9.0 in Nike Romaleo

@masterp48hd So I own both Romaleos and Adidas(not the adipower). My preference is adidas. The heel is lower and the weight is lighter. The one thing I liked about my Romaleos was the way they fit. A little more cushion on the inside. 99% of the lifters I lift with use Adidas. My one friend went from the 08 Adistar(the best lifting shoe ever made) to the new Adipower and found no issue with them. Of course he had to get used to the plastic on the bottom (a little more grippy) but otherwise he likes them. If you lack heel mobility Romaleos might be your go to.

Hope that helps.

@masterp48hd Pretty much everyone I know lifts with Romaleos (including myself.) I also have a pair of Adipowers since they were on sale and I was curious. A couple of things I noticed. One is that the Romaleos run big. I wear a size 7 1/2 womens which would normally be the equivalent of a 6 in mens. For the Romaleos I had to get a 5.5, while size 6 in the Adipowers fits fine. Also the Romaleos feel much more substantial and solid, and have two straps as opposed to the one that the Adipowers have. I do think in the end it's a matter of personal preference and which fits your foot best. For me, the Romaleos were perfect from the first moment I put them on!

@masterp48hd The general rule I have always heard is that narrow footed people like the fit of the adipowers better, and wide footed people prefer the romaelos. Also the romaelos are heavy as f*ck.

Personally, had the adipowers and loved them. When I transitioned from weightlifting to crossfit I got the Inov8 lifters and also love them.

@masterp48hd I have both. My short review is:

Adipowers are lighter and you feel the floor a little more on lifts.
Romaleo's are heavier and you feel like you're landing on a more solid "platform" as the sole is very hard.

If you try to do metcons in oly's b/c of a mobility limitation, the Adidas are a little better. Otherwise they're pretty much the same. I prefer the Romaleo's, but it's a very minimal difference.

Back