Overhead squats makes me so f**king angry

mksamas

First of all, sorry if my English is not perfect but it is not my main language.

Really, I've slightly improved in all exercise since I've started doing Crossfit 6 months ago but the OHS... Jesus Christ.. not a little improvement.

The thing is, since I've started doing crossfit I've also changed everything: healthy diet done by a nutritionist, I train 3 times per week (never missed a sigle traning class), my coach constantly corrects me and everything is okay but OHS makes me funking mad, hard exercise that the maximum weight that I can do is female barbell from the beginning.

I really hope this problem does not only affects me.

Thanks for the attention.

@mksamas Try recording yourself and review the video after. When you fail the lift with higher weight on, what does it look like? How do you fail? You can learn a lot that way, if not sure you could also post it for form feedback on here or one of the other subs.
Perhaps a focused session or two with a coach would help where they could work on some variations and really dial in your form.

Alternatively, if your form is good, keep showing up to sessions and putting the work with the female bar whenever you can. Try and increase your reps and sets and increment from there. There are a lot of muscles and joints working together in that lift and as others below have said it can be a tough one.

Back