Petites who has successfully lost those last ~5-10lbs, did it make a significant difference in your body?

@dassahjoy If you just want to look very thin, then yes. If you want to have definition and strength, then no. I'm 5'0" and have been 100lbs and even lower before. I look *so* much better and healthier at around 120lbs through lifting weights. I was 106lbs when I started.

@dassahjoy 10 lbs yes, 5lbs not so much. At 10 lbs, there is fat around the stomach and thighs.

For me, when really trim and fit, I will be in the 115lbs range, 5’3”. Sometimes even closer to 110lbs. I have never tried to bulk up but when I was super fit, I was more like Christina Aguilera Genie in Bottle size. My frame is very small.

I am 122lbs now and have fat. Going away slowly. Just need to keep working out.

@dassahjoy Yes it made a difference to my body. I went from 121 to 115 over 2.5 months (no alcohol, counting calories and gym/10k steps). I’m down one size and feel really good. I originally wanted to go down to 110, but the way I look now I think I’ll be better off maintaining and trying to recomp.

@dassahjoy With pretty similar statistics a few years ago, I was very fixated on getting back down to 110 pounds. I did it, and it was one WORST decisions I have ever made for my body. This type of fixation on the scale is not logical and it’s not a good idea. The scale cannot tell you what your body composition it. So I lost the 10 pounds, but a good chunk of it was muscle due to the deficit required to lose that weight, and I looked horrible. Skinny fat af. I started eating at 1700 cal and put the scale away for eight months. I gained 8 pounds, and lost 10% body fat. I felt and looked so much better! Stop being so obsessed with a specific number! It is such a waste of time and energy!

@dassahjoy 5’4. It made a big difference for me, I shedded about ~10 lb September from 130 lb which I was stuck at for about 2 years, now I’m around 116 lb. My thighs were much larger at 130, which was easy to notice, but also heavier on the arms and stomach as well. My face also slimmed down by much more.

Since we’re smaller it always shows on us, opposed to someone 5’7+

I’m happier at 116 lb as well, my goal was 115 — now working on building muscle.

@dassahjoy i was in deficit while lifting and built plenty of muscle, but haven't reached my goal (2kgs left but it just wasn't going anywhere) so i went on to maintain. so i can't answer the question, but maintenance been feeling great, and there's still a good chance i'm leaning out over time by building muscle and expanding extra energy here and there. it's honestly very hard to trust the process once the scale stops moving.

if anything, u could maintain for now (or be in a very slight caloric deficit) and work on actually putting on muscle (hypertrophy, progressive overload, high protein diet), and start cutting again in 4-6 months after ur body has way more muscle. do ur cardio as well as it could help to increase daily energy expenditure and make ur future cut easier

@dassahjoy Yes the last 10 make a big difference. I got down to 107 over the summer and have since then gone into my fist bulk and am back up to 120. I’m beginning to feel pudgy even though I still fit in the same jeans I was wearing at 106. I look back at pictures and miss being leaner! I know this bulk will pay off in the end though because at 106 lbs I was counting calories and staying at 1550-1600 calories. My goal is to be able to maintain at 2000 calories.

@dassahjoy I'm going to be the oddball here it seems...but try to shift your focus to measurements and how your clothes fit and focus on strength/muscle.

This isn't my first time losing a significant amount of weight. The 1st time I was entirely focused on cutting calories lower and lower. I got down to 118lbs and a size 2 and it wasn't a good look on me at all. I'm 5'3".

Now I hover between the high 130s/low 140s and wear a size 4 (muscle is more dense than fat so causes a higher number on the scale). I have shape to my body and muscle definition is showing more and more. I highly, highly recommend Caroline Girvan's programs (on YouTube).

There is a better way. 🙂